SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3983 - 09/19/07 03:19 PM Midi Keyboard?
allrics Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, Fl.
Hello. I just purchased a Roland Fantom XR sound module. I am looking for a 61 keys midi keyboard for this unit. All I really need it to do is change presets, nothing fancy. Any recommendations? Thank you.

#3984 - 09/19/07 04:42 PM Re: Midi Keyboard?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Hi,

I was looking for something similar last year when I needed a simple keyboard controller for my office. Just to mess with soft synths and so on without having to go to the basement and power up my entire setup.

Anyway, long story short I checked out a lot of different keyboards and ended up going for the CME UF controller. Comparing to other stuff I checked out (mostly M-Audio controllers) it had a very nice keyboard feel, usable aftertouch and big controller wheeels. Very DX-7 like. Very solid.

Has assignable faders and knobs as well. Very easy to use. Setting up splits, layers and CC assign is a breeze. I think you'll like it.

Always try before you buy though. You never know, you might prefer some other make. IMHO CME stuff is very good for the money. I have lots of keyboards in my studio and don't find CME hardware inferior in quality in any way. SOmething I can't say about M-Audio stuff unfortunately....

cheers,

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online