SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#397947 - 01/08/15 11:18 AM Re: Making $$$ with arranger other than performing [Re: guitpic1]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: guitpic1

My main recording machine back when was a Roland VS2480...way ahead of it's time. I still have it. Great machine but it takes a bit of recording engineer skills to use it. Given that the best my Tyros 4 can do is bounce tracks I may look to the VS2480 again.

I agree with using the Roland again, Rog...the reason I've stayed with just the Tyros4 for midi and audio recording is utter simplicity (and perhaps a bit of laziness as well).

Plus, I know the Tyros4 very well, so I can get things done really quickly and still maintain high quality work.

For any commercial recording/studio projects, time is money, so I try to minimize the time in order to keep our prices low and competitive, while still making a decent profit.

If you are more on your own time, that is a different matter.

The Roland VS2480 is quite a fine piece of gear, and, it was way ahead of its time.

One thing I still do, is try to find the "fun" factor in each project.

Ian

#397949 - 01/08/15 11:29 AM Re: Making $$$ with arranger other than performing [Re: ianmcnll]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Thanks Ian,

I'll look into the Tyros 4 and bouncing tracks a bit more.

Your mention of Vimeo brought back memories. I was a fan of Vimeo before YouTube became the standard.

My link to Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/home/myvideos/page:1/sort:date/format:video

My brother, the keyboardist, is on this link but I haven't figured out how to make his video public.

Rog L.

#397950 - 01/08/15 01:16 PM Re: Making $$$ with arranger other than performing [Re: guitpic1]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: guitpic1
Thanks Ian,

I'll look into the Tyros 4 and bouncing tracks a bit more.

Your mention of Vimeo brought back memories. I was a fan of Vimeo before YouTube became the standard.

My link to Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/home/myvideos/page:1/sort:date/format:video

My brother, the keyboardist, is on this link but I haven't figured out how to make his video public.

Rog L.

Rog, I can't find anything at that link, even after logging in...what is there, and can you provide another/different link?

For me, it was narrowing things down to the basics, especially since retiring, and attempting to make the most of what gear I have here at home, which is where I prefer to work.

I found that too many choices (and this probably only applies to my way of working) tends to slow me down in the creative process...the less between me and my goal the better.

This is also a result from having so limited a keyboard setup back in the past and making the instruments go beyond what they were designed for...we used guitar effect pedals and an old Roland tape echo to get some pretty interesting results from some rather limited instruments.

Again, it sure was a lot fun, nonetheless.

Ian

#397961 - 01/08/15 08:30 PM Re: Making $$$ with arranger other than performing [Re: ianmcnll]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Ian,

Here's a link to just my brother playing piano. He was providing music prior to his daughter's wedding.

https://vimeo.com/8476874

Not sure what to tell you about the other video link. It worked for me. However, here's another that might work.

https://vimeo.com/user790044

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online