SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39790 - 02/28/05 11:19 PM Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I think I have all the problems cleared up for my demo page. It should.....it should work fine for everyone. The page should also load right up as quickly as any other.

I added some new tunes also.

It turned out the way I had hoped would work apparently was creating a problem for some with slow page and song load time. Some apparently needed a new plug-in. This should not be the case anymore.

Please check and let me know everything is ok now. Also, please let me know if you are having any problem at all that would be no different than if you were downloading any mp3.

Right now all except for one song are short. Should help the people with the slower hook-up.

Thank you all for helping me test my new website.

I really don't drink, but, I am about ready to head to The Bar. haha
http://www.ScottLMusic.com

Thanx again

Scott Langholff

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 02-28-2005).]

#39791 - 03/01/05 02:01 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Scott,

Good morning from the U.K.!

I played at random most of your music including all of the new offerings. All loaded and played within about 5 seconds. I have a broadband service and am using RealPlayer.

Your arranger keyboard programming and playing skills are first class. It is indeed a pleasure to listen to your music. Perhaps you will be able to add complete songs to your website at some point in the future. That would be nice.

Best Wishes,

Chuck

#39792 - 03/01/05 05:20 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scott,

Running fine now on BroadBand and Media Player.

Fran in Florida

#39793 - 03/01/05 06:47 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Scott, your site is up and running like a well oiled machine. Your music and everything else is definately 1st Class.
Congradulations,
Walt

#39794 - 03/01/05 09:17 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I also have this posted on the General Arranger Forum. Some of the people there are getting some distortion. One is getting it on all songs. Some say its fine as is. Some say some of the songs are distorted.

Anybody here getting that?

Also, first of all I'd like to thank everyone for helping me out on this new venture. I guess there's a first time for everything. haha
First thing I guess I need to do is get the left channel on my stereo system that I use with my computer working.

I thought I'd leave that issue alone til last, thinking that if it sounded good coming through just the right speaker that it was probably ok. So I'm going to dig around and see what has happened.

Jen just built me a new computer and somewhere along the line something must have just gotten disconnected.

I presume unlike my first attempts that the volume is ok now? I got some comments on the first tests that it could have been louder.

I used Magix Audio Cleaning Lab to do the recording at 16 bits figuring that if I didn't do any editing that it would sound just like what was really coming out of my keyboard.

I didn't do any editing, BTW, whatever compression etc I had set in the Tyros is what I got.

I don't know if I used the Magix program to create the mp3's or if it was Music Match 4, the free, near CD quality version.

I was originally going to use my Sound Forge 5.0, the expensive one, and record at 24/96 and then lower it back down to 16 bits. I understand at least some people can hear a subtle improvement in the tone doing it that way. But, so far we have not been able to hook up my Mia sound card to do it. So I thought the way I did it ought to be fine for know. What thoughts do you guys have on this?

As far as the 96 and 128 stuff, I am not sure how I arrived at that. I guess I just recorded at what ever rate came up or was available.

Everything on the site was recorded using my Tyros and the Magix program. The Off The Cuff Jam was recorded a couple of years ago using my Technics KN1000. I do not remember if I used Magix, Sound Forge or what.

Again, thanks for helping me on this one. I'll be glad when I finally get it all down. It's suprising to see just how much time it actually takes to learn and do all of this stuff. Cheez!!

Best
Scott Langholff

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 03-01-2005).]

#39795 - 03/01/05 10:08 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Scott , I think the other forum members have said it all .

The new site is great , so are the new tunes which you have added ,and the songs load via broadband in a few seconds .

Well done

Giovanni .............Norwich UK

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online