SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#397682 - 01/04/15 02:47 AM Re: Midi Files Needed [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John

Thank you for your comments, but I was looking for the newer instrumentals, which I now have. Nonetheless, I agree with your appraisal of the vocals. I have thousands of midikaraoke and CDG's, and few are in the nineties or newer. I too can do a decent job with what I am comfortable with, which isn't screaming kids repeating unintelligible phrases.

When one is older than many in the NH's I play, it is time modernize to the last 30 years at least.

Edited by Bernie9 (01/04/15 02:48 AM)

#397684 - 01/04/15 05:32 AM Re: Midi Files Needed [Re: Bernie9]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bernie,
I going through all my yesterday music and changing the styles to a more up-to-date feel. I knew I had to do this years ago but got lost in whatever. 5 foot 2 can be played in so many different types of styles – When I change the styles I will be changing me.

Here I go, I’m ready to admit this one. I truly love Big Band and Sinatra type of music, I grew up loving it – BUT I am finding that many of the old beats/styles are no longer as exciting as they once were.

Wow, it’s happening. Time to get excited; or better said , It is time I’m being to feel younger. (Big Grin)

John C.
PS, Instrumentals; what’s that? Give me an example.

#397685 - 01/04/15 05:44 AM Re: Midi Files Needed [Re: Bernie9]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I tried putting this on PM and received a "Not found" message.

Hi Bernie, You have for the most part been right there with new equipment, especially keyboards; so why are you still using a S910 instead of a S950?

I need an opinion -- I love my Pa 800 Korg, and have just bought a Korg MicroArranger to carry under my arm, but it would be nice to add some new exciting that comes with FedEx and the package he delivers .

I have been looking at the S950 and the Korg Pa 900. (no Tyros for me)

If I can get my energy level up it would be nice to visit and talk stuff.

John Cintorino

#397689 - 01/04/15 08:29 AM Re: Midi Files Needed [Re: Bernie9]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
John, I think you would love the PA900. I had both the PSR S950 and the Korg at the same time, and it was an easy decision for me. Of course everyone has his own tastes and preferences.

#397702 - 01/04/15 12:04 PM Re: Midi Files Needed [Re: DonM]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John

The reason I didn't go for the S950 is because I didn't need another main board. I chose a used(barely) Yamaha to see if it was a better fit for smaller venues and the added cost of an S950 wasn't worth it for my purposes. The audio styles(few) was hardly an enticement when I have my AJAMsonic Audya, which is an amazing machine.

The S950 is great as a Tyros alternative for others however. Hammer had his for sale at the Yamaha site the last I knew.

To round out my sounds, I am still working through the ins and outs of the Roland BK-9 I just bought from Frankie. It to is going to be a great 76 key light addition to my arsenal. It is more difficult than the Yamaha in that OOTB sounds need tweaking more. Conversely, it is more live and typically Roland. which I like.

Hey-Different strokes

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online