SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#397014 - 12/11/14 04:54 PM Wireless Mic Transmitter/Receiver Recommendations
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I currently use a Countryman mic with a Shure PGXD transmitter/receiver system. The receiver is having intermittent power problems, such that it completely failed today (fortunately I carry a backup wired option).

I have emailed Shure support for help, but have been looking at other systems in case I have to replace. I love the Countryman mic so am just looking for a transmitter/receiver replacement.

Does anyone have any good or bad experiences or recommendations?

#397015 - 12/11/14 05:11 PM Re: Wireless Mic Transmitter/Receiver Recommendations [Re: PraiseTheLord]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Try Line6 wireless mics.They are great. All digital and crystal clear sounding.
I used v75 many times. Really good for live. No feedback.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#397017 - 12/11/14 10:45 PM Re: Wireless Mic Transmitter/Receiver Recommendations [Re: PraiseTheLord]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I also recommend the AKG, the handheld microphone I use all the time is the D5, and they have the wireless version of it, and one thing, they use only one AA battery that last so long, my Friend Bob Roppolo use it all the time, and he told me that sometimes he goes over 8 gigs before he needs to change it, and never had any trouble with it over 5 years now....besides, is Super cardiod and that is less likely to get feedback unless you are if front of the speaker unlike the just Cardiod pattern microphones like the one you use.....
WMS420 is the model you want to see.
http://www.akg.com/pro/p/wms420system

#397028 - 12/12/14 08:57 AM Re: Wireless Mic Transmitter/Receiver Recommendations [Re: PraiseTheLord]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I can highly recommend this system. However, you will likely have to change the connector on your E6 in order to use it. If I recall, the E6 did not have a standard XLR connection unless you ordered it specifically with the mic.

Samson Airline 77

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#397031 - 12/12/14 10:10 AM Re: Wireless Mic Transmitter/Receiver Recommendations [Re: PraiseTheLord]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes, I have one of those too. The great thing is that you can use ANY mic with it. The module just plugs in the end.
I've had one for 8 or 10 years. I use it about once or twice a year. Saturday will be this year's time. I will take it for my female vocalist to use. She is my niece. This is her:
www.megansheehan.com

#397064 - 12/13/14 02:14 PM Re: Wireless Mic Transmitter/Receiver Recommendations [Re: PraiseTheLord]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Pretty girl Don, she sings very well.

Tom

#397066 - 12/13/14 09:51 PM Re: Wireless Mic Transmitter/Receiver Recommendations [Re: PraiseTheLord]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: PraiseTheLord
I currently use a Countryman mic with a Shure PGXD transmitter/receiver system. The receiver is having intermittent power problems, such that it completely failed today (fortunately I carry a backup wired option).

I have emailed Shure support for help, but have been looking at other systems in case I have to replace. I love the Countryman mic so am just looking for a transmitter/receiver replacement.

Does anyone have any good or bad experiences or recommendations?

I'm guessing your Countryman mike has a plug connector for the Shure systems..correct?

As I remember the PG systems are Shure's low end. You might want to check out this link for Shure's higher end receiver systems...more reliable I think...not sure.

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/wireless-systems

That said, on rare occasions we use a PGXD wireless mike and it has worked well the few times we use it.

If I was relying on the system on a regular basis, I probably would have gone with an SLX system or something similar.

#397078 - 12/14/14 10:53 AM Re: Wireless Mic Transmitter/Receiver Recommendations [Re: guitpic1]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Thanks everyone, there's some good advice and options there.

Don, Megan has a great voice, must be fun accompanying her!

#397084 - 12/14/14 06:42 PM Re: Wireless Mic Transmitter/Receiver Recommendations [Re: PraiseTheLord]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It was great. Will post some music when I get back home.

#397096 - 12/15/14 01:06 PM Re: Wireless Mic Transmitter/Receiver Recommendations [Re: PraiseTheLord]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I use a couple of Sennheiser systems, I think they are EW 100 G3 systems (I'm not in the location where they are right now). One wireless headset, the other a wireless handheld. They have performed very well, batteries last a fairly long time, etc. The are on the "somewhat expensive" side but worth the price.

-Jim

#397104 - 12/15/14 04:12 PM Re: Wireless Mic Transmitter/Receiver Recommendations [Re: PraiseTheLord]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Sennheiser is always a good choice. But, also more money as already Jim Lang said.That is why I said line 6.They are at least 10x better than Shure PGX line of wireless.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online