SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#39712 - 03/28/03 05:56 AM Re: Lyrics on Midis
technicsplayer Offline

Bernie: well done!

you are well on your way; just left out the step of selecting user picture rather than preset when attaching to the control track (3.79 no 2).

you will need to cut and paste A4 into 640 x 240 chunks in a photo editor for scores, each containing 2, 3 or 4 staves according to what remains clear in the screen.

#39713 - 03/28/03 06:47 AM Re: Lyrics on Midis
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Tell you what though Alec - it's clearly a subject of considerable interest and complexity...
I wonder if there is all this interest because the sheet music stand is that much higher/further away from the keys and maybe it seems potentially easier to have the data you need in order to read/play/sing a piece of music, on the screen very close to the keys.
Or is it just because new technology is making it possible - thanks for the explanation about NX by the way which means that I'll convert to NX from GM2 in future.
Cheers
Roger M

#39714 - 03/28/03 10:57 AM Re: Lyrics on Midis
technicsplayer Offline

Well Roger, I suppose you watch the demos and see what you think. At the very least there are no pages to turn, and no wondering what comes up next because you always have a future view!

#39715 - 03/28/03 01:10 PM Re: Lyrics on Midis
Mike ORegan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
well that's just a different question which is immaterial because can be entirley avoided for this particular scenario.

If you specify your problem exactly in the first place I'm able to give an exact working answer. If you ask generalisations, I can only reply with the general steps towards an answer. If then you come back with further information we can move towards an answer.

From your description now it would seem you wish to add lyrics to an easy record sequence, rather than a technics multitrack, or an apc to smf conversion.

There are various ways to achieve your aim; here is one suggestion that will preserve the easy record sequence with the absolute minimum effort required to achieve the aim of adding lyrics, following the general steps already described, and entirley avoiding any requirement to convert the easy record to smf format:

Copy the song to song 2 in the sequencer.
Delete all tracks except track 1 and save song 2 as a nx midi.
Add lyrics to song 2 in your favoured program, save as a midi and then load as a nx single song back to song 2 in the sequencer where your easy record still sits in song 1.
Ensuring that the track assignments in song 2 exactly match those in song 1, copy tracks 2 to 6 from song 1 to song 2.

There may be many variables of controller events that may have been saved with the midi which result in a different backing sound in terms or reverb etc. This is easily rectified by saving the initial conditions of song 1 in a panel memory, selecting song 2, bringing back the panel memory conditions and panel writing them permanently to the new lyrics song.

Song 2 is now a perfect rendition of your easy record with lyrics.

Now why didn't you say that before - it answers my original question. Now about my second one. . . . . .

#39716 - 03/29/03 03:18 AM Re: Lyrics on Midis
technicsplayer Offline

Oh but I did, Mike.

Several times.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online