SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#396802 - 12/05/14 07:56 AM New LED lighting system...
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
This may be an answer to those that have lighting problems, or just want to highlight themselves and their gear while on stage in low light conditions.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#396803 - 12/05/14 08:25 AM Re: New LED lighting system... [Re: travlin'easy]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Gary I would be interested in this looks like it runs on battery a big plus if you got more info on this share it thanks Ron

#396805 - 12/05/14 08:33 AM Re: New LED lighting system... [Re: musicforyourday]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Nice find, Gary! I think it's probably cost prohibitive for a (OMB, but what a well designed light for mid-range video production!

I'm looking into the company, and will order one of these things to test this afternoon. Color balance (temperature)control alone is major! Add the ability to control several banks with the remote, a brightness control for "main", "fill" lighting and the ability to charge one battery when using another makes this the ideal field light for video.

Just what we need to make things easier on field shoots.

Russ

#396806 - 12/05/14 08:42 AM Re: New LED lighting system... [Re: travlin'easy]

#396812 - 12/05/14 10:05 AM Re: New LED lighting system... [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary, just ordered two of these little guys. Will be GREAT for an upcoming video shoot. At the price,it's well within reason for a small stage light.

Not ideal for that purpose. At the lowest temperature setting, it will cast a yellow tungsten spot.

But what a useful all-round product. Also looking at an on-camera unit.

Russ

#396819 - 12/05/14 02:41 PM Re: New LED lighting system... [Re: travlin'easy]

Russ, I figured you would like them. Both of us have some background in video production and lighting, and as soon as I looked at them I though, wow, they would make great hot lights for TV work. The hot lights we used to use with those 52-pound shoulder mounted cameras were brutal on the batteries. In contrast, the LED lights will last for hours instead of minutes.

Gary cool

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online