SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#396824 - 12/05/14 05:29 PM Re: What else besides music do you do for $$$? [Re: DonM]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: DonM
I actually got into music full time many years ago because I couldn't find a job in my main line of work, driving a Wells Fargo stage coach. smile

Somehow I can picture you doing this....this brought out a chuckle out of me..

Ron

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#396832 - 12/06/14 06:15 AM Re: What else besides music do you do for $$$? [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

I dont make music for €

I am a trainer in ICT, i work for the dutch government mostly, MCSE, CISCO, LPI, COMPTIAA and ITIL.. Which makes me more then enough € to pay for my hobbies, making music and riding my mountainbike.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#396839 - 12/06/14 08:15 AM Re: What else besides music do you do for $$$? [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

cool2

Attachments
mmmmmmm.jpg

#396859 - 12/06/14 06:08 PM Re: What else besides music do you do for $$$? [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
During one of the worst time of my life; divorce time, I would take my guitar out of the case – set up the PA – get everything ready for the job -- and for 4 hours I was happy / alive, not a negative thought.

John C.

PS, Donny you are so right.

#396869 - 12/07/14 12:54 AM Re: What else besides music do you do for $$$? [Re: guitpic1]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I program video games for Xbox and Sony Playstation and also work on slot machine games.

#397006 - 12/11/14 11:24 AM Re: What else besides music do you do for $$$? [Re: Nigel]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico

I work as an external consultant for Yamaha Corporation of America (on going for almost 4 years now), writing the projects(for the new expansions), also part of the team that process and develop the new content for the Expansion Packs for the arrangers, and now began working in something similar also on workstations like the Motif XF, also part of the team that does the Marketing, Demo and sales training for the music stores in USA.

#397010 - 12/11/14 01:43 PM Re: What else besides music do you do for $$$? [Re: guitpic1]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
I played Tenor Sax in a band from Junior year in high school with a band for about 25 years. Played just about every type of venue you could think of. Then jobs and family became priority for each of us.

From college until now I've worked in the computer software business as a Systems Analyst, Security Auditor, Corporate Software Trainer, Director of Corporate Education, Marketing Director, VP of Operations.

Played the sax on off by myself for years with backing tapes and then CDs but wasn't the same without the band. Then in 2008 I sold my Tenor and bought an Arranger Keyboard. Taught myself how to play it. Traded up to a Tyros 3 and then added a Motif. Found that I enjoyed writing and recording music.

Still working as VP of Operations but not for long. Retiring at the end of the year. More time to play, write and record music.

Joe
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#397060 - 12/13/14 01:56 PM Re: What else besides music do you do for $$$? [Re: guitpic1]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm thinking of trying FreeLance Gynecology ... or maybe hand fitting bras. Thoughts?

#397062 - 12/13/14 02:09 PM Re: What else besides music do you do for $$$? [Re: guitpic1]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I've had many real jobs over the years. For a while I picked fly specks out of pepper. Then I worked at a hospital in the department that circumcised babies. It didn't pay much but I got a lot of tips. For the last 23 years I have taught computer classes at a local college.

Tom

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online