SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#396739 - 12/03/14 11:00 AM Yamaha Tyros 5 or Tyros 4 with Cubase
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
just asking if anybody is using Cubase with your Tyros I have 4 and 5 and would like to intergrate my units with cubase , I do not own it yet just checking to see how easy the program is it is a Yamaha company so it might be easy to work together other them pro tools logic ect any users out there that can give me some advise looking to start a new project in January

I use a tascam DP 32 as a tracking unit very good and want to take project to larger vst program and cubase seem good but I have not worked with it let me know guys Ron

Edited by musicforyourday (12/03/14 11:02 AM)

#396742 - 12/03/14 11:34 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 5 or Tyros 4 with Cubase [Re: musicforyourday]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Have you considered Presonus Studio One 2??
It is one of the best daw there.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#396754 - 12/03/14 07:48 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 5 or Tyros 4 with Cubase [Re: musicforyourday]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I have been using sonar for many years with Tyros, Motif, PSR keyboards and also Korg and anything else ive owned... I have installed and tried cubase a couple of times but keep finding myself going back to sonar for familiarity.

there is an instrument definition File (IDF) available for pretty much any keyboard or synth out there so integrating and using the keyboards sound into the DAW is very easy...

its the best way to create backing tracks IMO. the beauty with my Korg PA3x is i can also create patterns in Sonar - save them as Midi files and them import them into the PA3x as a style part. very cool feature smile

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online