SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#397042 - 12/13/14 02:00 AM Re: The times they are a changin' ... [Re: ianmcnll]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Nigel
I drove a taxi in Melbourne Australia for 7 years and actually drove an armed holdup getaway with a sawn off shotgun at the back of my head ... you gotta do whatya gotta do to survive.

I drove cab part time for about a year to help out a buddy, and the worst thing that happened to me was a little old lady (who must have been in her 90's) sat in the back and kicked the back of the front seat all the while yelling for me to drive faster!

She was going to the liquor store...which was where I left her, the charming old bat.

Jeeeez! That was quite an experience to go through, Nigel, and I suspect you were pretty careful not to drive over any bumps, lest that shotgun went off accidentally...in any case, I'm sure the last thing you wanted going through your mind was a load of buckshot!

You were a lucky man...sometimes robbers will "neutralize" any witnesses , not to mention the chance of being shot by the coppers if a shootout should occur.

Ian

Actually the shotgun did go off after he moved it from the back of my head and blew a hole through the seat right next to me and blew a hole in the door. When he asked me to stop and let him out he actually paid the fare on the meter which had been running the whole time. My wife saw it reported on the TV news and contacted me at police HQ.

#397045 - 12/13/14 08:15 AM Re: The times they are a changin' ... [Re: Nigel]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Nigel
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Jeeeez! That was quite an experience to go through, Nigel, and I suspect you were pretty careful not to drive over any bumps, lest that shotgun went off accidentally...in any case, I'm sure the last thing you wanted going through your mind was a load of buckshot!

You were a lucky man...sometimes robbers will "neutralize" any witnesses , not to mention the chance of being shot by the coppers if a shootout should occur.

Ian

Actually the shotgun did go off after he moved it from the back of my head and blew a hole through the seat right next to me and blew a hole in the door. When he asked me to stop and let him out he actually paid the fare on the meter which had been running the whole time. My wife saw it reported on the TV news and contacted me at police HQ.

Yikes! You were lucky to have any hearing left after a blast like that going off in the car...not to mention having the other vital parts of your body left intact as well.

Years ago, an old drinking buddy of mine fired off just a .22 cal magnum revolver in the back seat of a car (he was shooting out the open rear door window), and that left my ears ringing for days afterwards...that shotgun would have been so much louder.

You were a very, very fortunate man to get away unscathed...and you also still made the fare...cool!

Ian

#397048 - 12/13/14 08:55 AM Re: The times they are a changin' ... [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Nigel ... that HAD to be too close for comfort ... and nerve racking for your wife as well ...

My father drove a cab in Staten Island NY for a while ... I was always afraid when he was out that something like that might happen ... he was robbed at knife point once ...

Edited by tony mads usa (12/13/14 08:56 AM)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online