SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39651 - 04/07/03 10:40 PM Using the Performance Pads
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi forumfriends,
I wonder if many of you uses the Performance Pads, especially the (self made) User Banks??. I frequently uses the Preset Pads, but I hardly uses the User Banks in the Pads. From the ‘hundreds’ of songs I have heard I have noticed that there is relatively no use of the User Definied Pads, am I right? Through this post I want to point at this feature. I quess it is an ‘underexposed’ accessoires in the KN-series? Why?
As an start/example I tried playing ‘Albatross’(from the famous Fleetwood Mac). In that song I uses the Pads 1 and 2 of the User Bank A. I am curious if anyone else has songs too in which people uses (selfmade) user performance pads??
May I suggest the following: if you have (collect) songs in which (selfmade) Performance Pads are used, please send me the song(s) by email. I will place them on my homepage for downloading and afterthat to listen to for other interested keyboarders.
Maybe this could be a learning project and perhaps it helps to revive the attention to this relatively unused feature???
With musical regards,
Cees

P.S. you can download ‘Albatross’ from the K.E.R.S.-site from my personal page (nr. 17)

#39652 - 04/08/03 12:07 AM Re: Using the Performance Pads
Poul-Henning Offline

Loc: Tjaereborg, Denmark
Hi Cees.
I have always a snare roll, some applause and a couple of other effects ready during the dining session -maybe a funny speach is
coming up - and you need the roll or the "german" finish from carneval
Then I use another PP setting for playing "Ghostriders in the Sky" in my Keyboard Show.
I'll copy them soon and mail them to you.
Have a nice day.
Musical regards

------------------
Solomusikeren

#39653 - 04/08/03 12:48 AM Re: Using the Performance Pads
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Band-In-A-box is a great way to make PADS. I use it on my 9000Pro, but the Yamaha Pads are in MidiFile format so easy to do and edit in cakewalk. However you could record them direct from BIAB to the KN.

Graham UK

#39654 - 04/08/03 01:54 AM Re: Using the Performance Pads
technicsplayer Offline

you don't need to record them into the 7k, Graham. Just save as a midi file from Band in a Box or any other program and copy direct to the kn pad from the 7k sequencer.

Didn't I once make some 6k pads to play in your 9000pro?

I use user pads all the time... a great feature. Sequence with them when you don't need a composer and only need 2 tracks with several voices backing. The creation features are as good as the composer really.

#39655 - 04/08/03 06:35 AM Re: Using the Performance Pads
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
technicsplayer. Yes you are correct, its a while since I play about with a KN.
I also use PADS a lot on my 9000Pro, very often muting style parts apart from Bass & Drums and then triggering 8 or 16 bars loops made in BIAB.
I can't remember you providing me with any PADS, but if you are offering I like 2 PADS on the the KN Gospel Shuffle & Gospel ?. I can load them straight into the 9000Pro if in Midi format.

Graham UK gwc17@hotmail.com

#39656 - 04/09/03 04:05 AM Re: Using the Performance Pads
technicsplayer Offline

ooops!

I definitely made some pads in Cmaj7 for a Graham in the UK who wanted them for his 9000pro 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe you have a doppelganger!

well, now that I've said it I'd better send you some gospel pads - on their way.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online