Well, John, I finally got around to having a good listen to this tune. I'm sure Donny didn't upload his version as a comparison, but it was inevitable that I eventually compared the two, and quite frankly, I like your rendition/arrangement quite a bit better, although that's not to take away from Donny's, which is still rather good in the more "traditional" way.

The reasons I prefer your interpretation is because its dynamics seem to capture the spirit of driving a highway (free and easy) far better, so kudos to Carlo for the superb arrangement, and two thumbs up for your vocals which are indeed excellent.

For a "home player/singer" you certainly give away nothing to any professionals out there, and your voice just has such a nice "texture" to it, especially in context with the more "up" feeling rhythm.

I've heard this tune done in many different styles, and yours is a refreshing, and clever, take on it.

Very nice job, indeed.

Ian