SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#395320 - 10/30/14 07:15 PM Re: Strange gig? [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I have repeatedly told my wife that when I croak, I want her to rent a hall, buy some adult beverages, hire some of my musician friends to put together a band and play. I hope some of my Zone friends can come. I'll have to croak in the summer or Mason, Gary, and Steady Eddie will freeze to death in Michigan.

Tom

#395330 - 10/31/14 08:08 AM Re: Strange gig? [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I have actually played over 40 funerals....all jazz musicians. A group of friends is assembled as a group.

A perfect farewell to a fellow player.

R.

#395333 - 10/31/14 09:02 AM Re: Strange gig? [Re: captain Russ]
Dnj Offline

I played a Doggie funeral years ago....they wanted "How Much Is That Doggie In The Window"
they said it was "Mr.Bingsly's" (the dogs name Great Dane) favorite song, he always howled loudly whenever they played it!!!!!
He was in a Dog House built coffin also!!..... other songs I tried to play were "Hound Dog", "Walking the Dog", "Hey Bulldog"............... surprised

Edited by Dnj (10/31/14 09:04 AM)

#395335 - 10/31/14 10:52 AM Re: Strange gig? [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
THE DOG'S FUNERAL

Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only a pet dog for company. One day the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked, "Father, me dog is dead. Could ya' be saying' a mass for the poor creature?"

Father Patrick replied, "I'm afraid not; we cannot have services for an animal in the church. But there are some Baptists down the lane, and there's no tellin' what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for the creature.

" Muldoon said, "I'll go right away Father. Do ya' think $5,000 is enough to donate for the service?" Father Patrick explained, "Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus! Why didn't ya tell me the dog was Catholic?

#395340 - 10/31/14 01:37 PM Re: Strange gig? [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Love it!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#395342 - 10/31/14 02:13 PM Re: Strange gig? [Re: Jerryghr]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Jerryghr
THE DOG'S FUNERAL

Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only a pet dog for company. One day the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked, "Father, me dog is dead. Could ya' be saying' a mass for the poor creature?"

Father Patrick replied, "I'm afraid not; we cannot have services for an animal in the church. But there are some Baptists down the lane, and there's no tellin' what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for the creature.

" Muldoon said, "I'll go right away Father. Do ya' think $5,000 is enough to donate for the service?" Father Patrick explained, "Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus! Why didn't ya tell me the dog was Catholic?

Don't want to put a damper on a good joke 'cause it IS funny.....but---it does sort of confirm what we all know (or should know) about religion....that it's a lot easier being a 'true believer' when there is something (money, power, etc.) to be gained from it. Just sayin'.

chas

#395373 - 11/01/14 07:53 PM Re: Strange gig? [Re: cgiles]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
It is a funny joke. It's good to laugh at ourselves sometimes.

And Chas, I understand your comments. For me, faith in God is different from religion as understood by many in observance of rituals. It sounds like you've had some bad experiences with people who profess to be religious.

Given this is not the forum, if there's anything I can do to help, please let know by PM.

#395380 - 11/02/14 02:27 AM Re: Strange gig? [Re: PraiseTheLord]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I told my wife that when I die I would like this song played at my funeral cos it would make my friends all laugh. I'd like to leave this world with laughter.

#395383 - 11/02/14 04:44 AM Re: Strange gig? [Re: PraiseTheLord]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: PraiseTheLord
if there's anything I can do to help, please let know by PM.

Well thanks for the offer Graham, but I'm afraid I'm a lost cause. I think I'm just going to try to be as nice as I can to people and see if that works.

chas

#395397 - 11/02/14 07:18 PM Re: Strange gig? [Re: cgiles]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
frown frown

Edited by PraiseTheLord (11/02/14 07:19 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online