Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Tony, 20, 30 and 40 somethings don't dance at all. They think a fun party consists of standing around bitching about their jobs, how overworked and underpaid they are, texting, sexting, getting plastered and smoking weed, but dancing is not something they even know how to do. At least in this part of the country.

Gary ... I am glad I don't live in that part of the country ... from what I've seen up here, the 'youths' are not quite as bad as you say ... and while they may not dance at the venues we play, I have seen them at weddings, in some clubs, and especially at 'deck bars' in the summer and they do dance - not in OUR style of course, but in their own ... all they need is a good thumpin' rock band or a good DJ ...

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

What was really neat today was right after I finished my job, I went to Lowes to purchase a new extension cord for my console (the ground lug broke off the plug). I was still wearing my performance outfit, a blue satin shirt with matching tie and a blue, sparkly silk vest, black slacks, highly polished shoes. (Yeah, the old codger looks pretty dapper on stage.) While I was in the store, the same store my daughter Laura works in, I got hit on by a couple of the ladies that worked there. I guess they were in their late 40s, which made me feel pretty good.
Cheers,
Gary cool

You sure that wasn't some of Laura's friends just being kind to her "old man' ??? ... just sayin' ... grin