SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#395050 - 10/21/14 09:37 AM Jitterbug??
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hello. Long time no see. Anybody think the Jitterbug will ever come back???

#395052 - 10/21/14 10:46 AM Re: Jitterbug?? [Re: Guardman2001]
Dnj Offline

It never left... dance

Edited by Dnj (10/21/14 10:47 AM)

#395054 - 10/21/14 11:11 AM Re: Jitterbug?? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Only George Michael knows....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#395055 - 10/21/14 12:42 PM Re: Jitterbug?? [Re: Guardman2001]
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Me again. Anybody think jitterbug could be brought back with one great new song?

#395057 - 10/21/14 01:54 PM Re: Jitterbug?? [Re: Guardman2001]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Like Donny said, it never left.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#395058 - 10/21/14 01:57 PM Re: Jitterbug?? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

#395059 - 10/21/14 05:17 PM Re: Jitterbug?? [Re: Guardman2001]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
It may have never left, but it does not enjoy the popularity it once had ... It has been kept alive to some degree by swing dancing, but ask a 20 to 30 or even 40 something if they can do the 'jitterbug', or even know what it is, I think the vast majority will give a negative response ...
People you see doing it today are either in their 60's to 70's or are into swing dancing ...

Originally Posted By: Guardman2001
Me again. Anybody think jitterbug could be brought back with one great new song?

I think any dance 'craze' needs more than one song to generate a lot of interest ... the 'Twist' started with one song but then there was a rash of others that followed ... Disco had many songs being played in clubs and on the radio ...
These dance styles also had exposure in the popular movies of the era, as did the 'jitterbug' ...
dance bluesbros taz dancers

#395060 - 10/21/14 06:54 PM Re: Jitterbug?? [Re: Guardman2001]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, 20, 30 and 40 somethings don't dance at all. They think a fun party consists of standing around bitching about their jobs, how overworked and underpaid they are, texting, sexting, getting plastered and smoking weed, but dancing is not something they even know how to do. At least in this part of the country. Most of the dancers here, and in the Florida Keys, were the 50 to 80 year-olds. Not only did they know how to jitterbug, they also could cha cha, rhumba, samba, tango, etc..., and they loved to have a good time at a party. Yes, they were older folks, but this morning I looked in the bathroom mirror and there was an older folk looking back at me. wink

What was really neat today was right after I finished my job, I went to Lowes to purchase a new extension cord for my console (the ground lug broke off the plug). I was still wearing my performance outfit, a blue satin shirt with matching tie and a blue, sparkly silk vest, black slacks, highly polished shoes. (Yeah, the old codger looks pretty dapper on stage.) While I was in the store, the same store my daughter Laura works in, I got hit on by a couple of the ladies that worked there. I guess they were in their late 40s, which made me feel pretty good. It happened again while I was grocery shopping at BJ's Wholesale Club in Abingdon, MD a half hour later. Sure made my day a lot better. smile Hope Carol doesn't find out. wink

I wonder if they liked to jitterbug, liked green coconut Margarettas, and sailboats, too. Hmmmmm! wink Sure wish I could still jitterbug.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (10/21/14 06:55 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#395069 - 10/22/14 05:08 AM Re: Jitterbug?? [Re: travlin'easy]
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Loc: New Castle Indiana USA
Gary, you can still jitterbug on the inside! The outside will never go that fast again! lol keep on thinking and you will enjoy a lot of things that have passed you ( and I ) by!

#395076 - 10/22/14 08:45 AM Re: Jitterbug?? [Re: Keith W. Bailey]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I don't know about bringing Jitterbug back but I think dancing is on the upswing with adults. Dancing with the Stars has really brought it to the publics attention. My parents were great dancers. My father in particular, as a young man after the war he used to teach Roller Skating when that was the big craze and he won numerous awards for Roller Dancing. A combination of two popular pastimes in that era.
Here's a great newer song in that style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ScjucUV8v0

#395077 - 10/22/14 09:37 AM Re: Jitterbug?? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Tony, 20, 30 and 40 somethings don't dance at all. They think a fun party consists of standing around bitching about their jobs, how overworked and underpaid they are, texting, sexting, getting plastered and smoking weed, but dancing is not something they even know how to do. At least in this part of the country.

Gary ... I am glad I don't live in that part of the country ... from what I've seen up here, the 'youths' are not quite as bad as you say ... and while they may not dance at the venues we play, I have seen them at weddings, in some clubs, and especially at 'deck bars' in the summer and they do dance - not in OUR style of course, but in their own ... all they need is a good thumpin' rock band or a good DJ ...

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

What was really neat today was right after I finished my job, I went to Lowes to purchase a new extension cord for my console (the ground lug broke off the plug). I was still wearing my performance outfit, a blue satin shirt with matching tie and a blue, sparkly silk vest, black slacks, highly polished shoes. (Yeah, the old codger looks pretty dapper on stage.) While I was in the store, the same store my daughter Laura works in, I got hit on by a couple of the ladies that worked there. I guess they were in their late 40s, which made me feel pretty good.
Cheers,
Gary cool

You sure that wasn't some of Laura's friends just being kind to her "old man' ??? ... just sayin' ... grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online