SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#394787 - 10/14/14 10:40 PM Pleasing the Crowd
KORG80 Offline

Quote:

solo stripped down acoustic songs piano ...guitar only work in certain situations choose them wisely or risk a bored audience & lost energy,...but they are good to have a few in your repertoire if needed. You can even do a few songs using just the multipads with a vocal, etc,.

Yes, Donny, drums and bass make the music very danceable. I used to do a guitar/beatbox gig years ago before I could even play keyboard. One place I played often had two baseball teams that had just played each other drinking beer and dancing to the jukebox. Got some looks from the dancers when I walked on stage with my guitar as they likely thought I was going to spoil their fun. To the contrary I would hit them with nonstop upbeat rock and roll. They stayed on the dance floor and I would work hard to keep them there usually by going right into the next song without a break. When I figured they were ready I would do the same thing with slow dance numbers like "To Love Somebody"/"Words"/ "I Started a Joke" etc.

God Bless,
Don

#394846 - 10/16/14 08:21 AM Re: Pleasing the Crowd [Re: KORG80]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Pleasing the crowd?? I occasionally will wipe my sweaty brow with a napkin and toss it into the crowd, then watch the ladies fight over it. But that pleases me. smile

#394859 - 10/16/14 10:25 AM Re: Pleasing the Crowd [Re: DonM]
KORG80 Offline

You are a character, Don ! By the way I loved "Second Fiddle to an Old Guitar". The fiddle sound puts that composition back a lot of years.

God Bless,
Don

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online