SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#393983 - 09/30/14 02:08 PM Is it me, or is it Memorex? A quick adience demo..
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Once in a while when I performing for a new audience, I provide them with a demo to show them that it's not a recorded music device and it's really me singing and playing the keyboard. A few are always amazed, one or two will likely be non-believers, and the remainder of the audience loves the demos I do. We have fun.

Today, my daughter, Laura, went with me. I went of a four-day sailing trip, took my loving spouse of 52 years, and somehow, on the last day of the trip, I managed to herniate a disk in my neck. So my daughter offered to help old dad with the gear today and tomorrow, and old dad will pay her half of the proceeds.

When she fired up the camera today, there was a patient call alarm going off in the background, which you will hear. Ironically, the damned thing kept pretty good time with the some. It sounds like a bell ringing.

Here is the video you guys asked for a couple weeks ago. The audio sucks, but what more could you ask of a $25 camera that doesn't have a direct audio input.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#393985 - 09/30/14 02:16 PM Re: Is it me, or is it Memorex? A quick adience demo.. [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

clap Gary nice job explaining what we do as always. Were you using the new Kodak Video cam also on this?.... good quality on this end listening. headphone

Looking good also .... cool2

#393986 - 09/30/14 02:31 PM Re: Is it me, or is it Memorex? A quick adience demo.. [Re: travlin'easy]

Yes, that was the Kodak video and shot from a distance of about 10 feet. Those onboard mics are just about worthless. I guess I could have used my Zoom H2 and recorded the audio separately, then synched it to the vid, but like DonM, I'm getting old and lazy.

Gary cool

#394276 - 10/05/14 09:11 AM Re: Is it me, or is it Memorex? A quick adience demo.. [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks for posting this Gary. I think I was the one that requested this and I'm sorry I hadn't had time to see it until now. I have been thinking of doing some kind of demonstration for when I play at senior events so I do appreciate you taking the time to put this video together.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#394279 - 10/05/14 09:39 AM Re: Is it me, or is it Memorex? A quick adience demo.. [Re: travlin'easy]

Paul, this can make a huge difference, especially when there are a couple skeptics in the audience that are thoroughly convinced that it's not you playing or singing. I'm always amazed when someone walks on stage, stands beside me while I'm playing and singing, and then asks stupid questions as if you could just turn and answer them and everything would continue playing. There was a time when I would actually stop in the middle of a song when this happened and say to the audience "I'm sorry I had to stop, but this person obviously has something really, really important they need to ask me." I no longer do that, mainly because I really do not wish to embarrass anyone, especially while on stage. Instead, I try to motion them to wait offstage until I'm finished playing that song, then go about doing the demo - it really helps a lot.

Good luck,

Gary cool

#394384 - 10/07/14 02:37 PM Re: Is it me, or is it Memorex? A quick adience demo.. [Re: travlin'easy]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
the link is gone... frown

#394385 - 10/07/14 03:16 PM Re: Is it me, or is it Memorex? A quick adience demo.. [Re: travlin'easy]

Cass, I just clicked on the Youtube image at the top of the post and it worked just fine for me.

Gary cool

#394401 - 10/07/14 06:11 PM Re: Is it me, or is it Memorex? A quick adience demo.. [Re: travlin'easy]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Got it now, Gary. For some reason the video didn't show up for me this afternoon. Sounds and looks great. I think that is very helpful info. Thanks.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online