SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#394274 - 10/05/14 08:35 AM Re: Tyros woes over europe [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Bachus

the current situation rminds most of the 80s when the home organ market in europe cracked, and you could almost get 3 year old top of the line organs for free.

In the mid 70s I worked for the local Providence Hammond/Steinway piano dealer in sales. The owners also owned a store in the suburbs that handled Kimball Organs and Pianos. When I left the job the had a garage loaded with traded in organs, most weren't worth the space they took up........but every once in a while someone was looking for a cheap instrument for their kids to learn on, so for $200 they may have been able to buy one from the garage. Of course, taking them to the garage was a last resort only if you were going to lose the sale. The commission on that sale wasn't worth my time either.

#394278 - 10/05/14 09:20 AM Re: Tyros woes over europe [Re: Stephenm52]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: Bachus

the current situation rminds most of the 80s when the home organ market in europe cracked, and you could almost get 3 year old top of the line organs for free.

In the mid 70s I worked for the local Providence Hammond/Steinway piano dealer in sales. The owners also owned a store in the suburbs that handled Kimball Organs and Pianos. When I left the job the had a garage loaded with traded in organs, most weren't worth the space they took up........but every once in a while someone was looking for a cheap instrument for their kids to learn on, so for $200 they may have been able to buy one from the garage. Of course, taking them to the garage was a last resort only if you were going to lose the sale. The commission on that sale wasn't worth my time either.

I know Stephen.... Imagine when they need to sell T3 for €300 and t4 for €600, wouldnt that ruin the current market?

But we might be going that route for most older hardware...which might make the value of used arrangers drop faster then a used car or even a used smartphone..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#394280 - 10/05/14 10:23 AM Re: Tyros woes over europe [Re: Bachus]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
This reminds me of a statement made by a UK retailer who sold an organ to an elderly gentleman. 5 years later the owner died and his wife asked the retailer to buy it back, which he did...and surprised to find the organs settings where just the same settings as when he delivered it 5 years earlier.

#394300 - 10/06/14 03:12 AM Re: Tyros woes over europe [Re: Bachus]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I remember a number years back Yamaha offered all their retail accounts a very good price for all old organs they could take in part exchange so this would generate new organ sales.
Many dealers on an arrange day took old organs to Yamaha who then crushed them again a wall with a tractor, this arrangement carried on for a few months until the dealers with their vans waiting in a queue started to buy these old organs off each other. So Yamaha stopped what could have been a successful idea.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online