SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#394160 - 10/03/14 08:19 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Yes, I don't know many poor retired pilots!

I do. Nearly all of them the result of multiple divorces.

chas

#394161 - 10/03/14 08:25 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Although this topic went totally SOUTH in a weird way.......can anyone give me a definitive answer on what the heck is that GREEN LOCK on the URL?

#394163 - 10/03/14 08:28 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Takes about 10 seconds to Google it. It is a way for websites to assure us they are legitimate and safe.

#394164 - 10/03/14 08:34 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Takes about 10 seconds to Google it. It is a way for websites to assure us they are legitimate and safe.

I understand that Don Thanx .......but what about the copy/paste limitation?

#394166 - 10/03/14 08:50 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't think that is related to the green lock. There are, or have been, known issues with this on Vista and Windows 7, and as I recall it is related to the browser you're using. I have no problems with Windows 7, regardless of the green lock. I am using Chrome right now.

#394167 - 10/03/14 08:56 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
It's not PART of the site address, it just tells you something ABOUT the site address. Copying it to another site wouldn't make much sense since it wouldn't apply to the NEW host site. Is that simple enough?

chas

#394168 - 10/03/14 08:59 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Don thank you for All your help in this matter...I appreciate it buddy..

Take care

#394169 - 10/03/14 09:08 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny ... I am using Mozilla Firefox and having no problems ...

Now back to the OFF TOPIC THREAD wink ...

Donny ... how about a 'mini-vacation to America's first vacationland RHODE ISLAND ... we could have lunch at 'The Post' - BEST polenta and calamari ever, have dinner 'On Da Hill', tour Newport, and more ...

chas ... if your 'Northern route' takes you anywhere near RI, I'd better get a call for a visit ... we could do the same as I said for Donny, and maybe even take in a local jazz group ...
BTW ... RI's own - Mike Renzi - is now Tony Bennett's piano player and is featured on the new Tony Bennett/Lady Gaga CD ... Renzi and the great tenor saxophonist Scott Hamilton (NOT the skater) went to high school in RI together ...

Here's Mike with a couple of local guys playing in Newport (I believe)

#394176 - 10/03/14 09:39 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Donny ... how about a 'mini-vacation to America's first vacationland RHODE ISLAND ... we could have lunch at 'The Post' - BEST polenta and calamari ever, have dinner 'On Da Hill', tour Newport, and more ...

Tony I didn't forget you and Steve are on my togo list......I'm hoping in January after all the holiday gigs to make the trip for a few days north to You & Steve & of course visit Frankie V also......if the snow gods are in my favor it WILL happen!!.....and baby That Polenta/Calamari & dinner on the "HILL" with some Jazz sounds terrific also....

#394183 - 10/03/14 12:51 PM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, you will absolutely love the Pacific North West. I lived in Spokane, Washington, which I consider one of the most beautiful cities in the United States. The weather was incredible during summer, but winter's could be brutal with temperatures falling to -20 degrees f. The mountains were breathtaking, the lakes crystal clear, freshwater fishing was incredible, and big game hunting was beyond belief. Best of all, the people were some of the most considerate folks I've encountered anywhere on the planet.

Make that trip, Chas - you'll have the time of your life. And, don't get your ass killed.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online