SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#394213 - 10/04/14 05:43 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Donny ... how about a 'mini-vacation to America's first vacationland RHODE ISLAND ... we could have lunch at 'The Post' - BEST polenta and calamari ever, have dinner 'On Da Hill', tour Newport, and more ...

Tony I didn't forget you and Steve are on my togo list......I'm hoping in January after all the holiday gigs to make the trip for a few days north to You & Steve & of course visit Frankie V also......if the snow gods are in my favor it WILL happen!!.....and baby That Polenta/Calamari & dinner on the "HILL" with some Jazz sounds terrific also....

Donny, sorry to say won't be in RI this winter ( well maybe not really sorry that I won't be in RI but will miss your visit ) We'll be leaving right after Christmas to spend 4 months in mostly sunny Florida.

Tony rumor has it Mike from the post is calling it quits and will close the restaurant. Not sure how true that is, but some paesans from Knightsville gave me the info

#394214 - 10/04/14 05:56 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Steve have a good time in Florida.....too bad about that Restaurant........they are closing all over. Instead maybe Tony can meet us at Franks store in CT & check out some Arrangers, etc, afterwards dinner somewhere.

#394230 - 10/04/14 10:36 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Now back to the OFF TOPIC THREAD wink ...

Donny ... how about a 'mini-vacation to America's first vacationland RHODE ISLAND ... we could have lunch at 'The Post' - BEST polenta and calamari ever, have dinner 'On Da Hill', tour Newport, and more ...

BTW ... RI's own - Mike Renzi - is now Tony Bennett's piano player and is featured on the new Tony Bennett/Lady Gaga CD ... Renzi and the great tenor saxophonist Scott Hamilton (NOT the skater) went to high school in RI together ...

Here's Mike with a couple of local guys playing in Newport (I believe)

Tony you already know this, but this is for SZ folks who don't know the culture here in Rhode Island. Rhode Island is smaller than many counties in large states in the US, I seem to remember it's just a little larger than Yosemite National Park. I have spent my entire life here may wind up dying here if we're not in Florida, many from RI never leave it's like a big town, more than it is a state.

How does this associate with Mike Renzi and Vinny Pagano and music in general. I was in the same boy scout troop as Vinny, hoisted a few brews in the same social club the Rosario Society in Providence with Vinny. On Mike Renzi he used to jam on Sunday afternoons in the late 60s to mid 70s with drummer Artie Cabral, bassist Bob Petterutti and the late sax man Art Pelosi. I was there a couple of Sundays every month. What great times listening to those sessions. Mike also played cocktail hour at a long closed club called the Pelham House, been there a few times too.

This small state culture is interesting at any time you could run into someone you went to grammar school with in the mall, supermarket or health club. Just a few days ago while at Planet Fitness I bumped into one of the members of the Beach Boys Tribute band called the Driftwoods. These kids have been playing in the same band when we were all in the 8th grade at St. Bartholomew's School.

Not trying to ramble but when Tony posted the name Vinny Pagano brought back some memories.

#394231 - 10/04/14 10:44 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Steve have a good time in Florida.....too bad about that Restaurant........they are closing all over. Instead maybe Tony can meet us at Franks store in CT & check out some Arrangers, etc, afterwards dinner somewhere.

Thanks Donny Florida should be fine I won't even miss the snow this time around. Mike the guy at the VFW post has been running the kitchen at the post since the 70s, he's probably in his late 70s now and from what I've heard he figures it's time to call it quits and that came from a cousin who is the banquet manager from another VFW Post restaurant a few blocks down the road called Ralph's Kitchen

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Overview/1174/mikes-kitchen

#394233 - 10/04/14 10:51 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
That's a great link Steve ... thanks ...
we would go to Mike's kitchen for lunch at least on every pay day, and I've had so many great dishes there I couldn't possibly call one a favorite - except of course the fried calamari ... grin

#394235 - 10/04/14 11:00 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

That's a great link Steve ... thanks ...
we would go to Mike's kitchen for lunch at least on every pay day, and I've had so many great dishes there I couldn't possibly call one a favorite - except of course the fried calamari ... grin

Nice place to spend Friday for lunch grin

#394238 - 10/04/14 11:26 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Steve, with any kind of luck, we'll be able to meet up again, only this time in Sunny Florida. Carol and I intend to drive down in January to Marathon, make a few stops along the way so see some friends and relatives, probably stay at least two months or more in Marathon, play some music there in the tiki bars, restaurants and marinas, then possibly head up the west coast of Florida and visit some other friends on the way home. Keep us in mind and let me know where you'll be staying.

Also, I'm looking into having my boat delivered to Marathon by a delivery captain. There's some great sailing opportunities down there in Marathon.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#394240 - 10/04/14 11:47 AM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Gary,

Sounds like a great plan. We will be staying in Ocala off I-75 is rt 200 we're just about 10 miles off I-75 and off SR200 We're staying at one of the 55 Plus gated communities there. While in Ocala I'm hoping to get to visit with Eddy as well. Keep me posted of your plans I'll keep you posted as well.

#394242 - 10/04/14 01:28 PM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I always visit Eddie while I'm headed south, either by car or boat. Maybe we can have a mini-jam session.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#394243 - 10/04/14 01:51 PM Re: PC Gerus Please HELP problem.............. [Re: travlin'easy]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Steve, Gary Bring it on. I'm looking forward to seeing both of you when you get down here.
Eddie

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online