SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#393880 - 09/28/14 04:45 AM Re: Heard A Neat Gig Setup Tonight [Re: Mark79100]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark79100
My ears must be "hearing disabled!"

I went to SA and played, side by side, the Yamaha P-155, Casio Privia 350 and the Casio PX-5S.

To me, the Yamaha won hands down.....especially the key feel.......but a bit heavy!. Yet everyone is raving about the Casio's!

To be fair, it's not easy testing a piano in SA as there's always someone playing power chords on a guitar somewhere in the store.

QUESTION: You all still think the Casio's sound that good?
QUESTION: I thought the Privia 350 sounded better than the PX-5S. Your thoughts?

Mark

Casio sounds quite well, as does the Yamaha, i think its just a personall preference, i myself am not a big fan of Yamaha piano sounds...

The best stage pianosounds in the world are Nord Fazioli, Roland V-piano and Kawaii MP11.... But nothing beats pianoteq.. If you want/need the best piano sounds on the world, a simple laptop running Pianoteq blows everyone away...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#393908 - 09/28/14 07:08 PM Re: Heard A Neat Gig Setup Tonight [Re: Bachus]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Bachus
But nothing beats pianoteq.. If you want/need the best piano sounds on the world, a simple laptop running Pianoteq blows everyone away...

Yes, I heard a fellow playing a Nord at one of the Festivals. I did notice how real it sounded......very impressed

Now that you mentioned this Pianoteq, I have the feeling I'm going to end up with an 88 note MIDI controller keyboard using either a laptop or hardware for my piano sounds.

I've always played acoustic so the keyboard feel is real important to me.

Mark

#393915 - 09/29/14 12:43 AM Re: Heard A Neat Gig Setup Tonight [Re: Mark79100]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark79100
But nothing beats pianoteq.. If you want/need the best piano sounds on the world, a simple laptop running Pianoteq blows everyone away...

Yes, I heard a fellow playing a Nord at one of the Festivals. I did notice how real it sounded......very impressed

Now that you mentioned this Pianoteq, I have the feeling I'm going to end up with an 88 note MIDI controller keyboard using either a laptop or hardware for my piano sounds.

I've always played acoustic so the keyboard feel is real important to me.

Mark

ou definately should get your hands on the Kawai VPC1, its designed to play computersounds, and has the touch of a real grand piano..... it however has no buttons, or knobs or wheels...just 88 piano keys, all black and white

There is also the Kawaii MP11, which comes with some great sounds, master keyboard funtionallity and has the same keybed action as the VPC1..

You should definately try them out before buying anything else...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#394035 - 10/01/14 09:08 PM Re: Heard A Neat Gig Setup Tonight [Re: Bachus]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
you definately should get your hands on the Kawai VPC1, its designed to play computersounds, and has the touch of a real grand piano..... it however has no buttons, or knobs or wheels...just 88 piano keys, all black and white

I went into "heat" when I first read this, and then I went into menopause when I saw the weight.......65 lbs!

Kawai specs

Great idea though....I really have difficulty playing those "plastic" keys on most keyboards.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online