SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#394024 - 10/01/14 10:36 AM Re: New speaker system from RCF [Re: frankieve]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Frank, let us know how it sounds compared to Bose when you get them.I love RCF speakers.They are one of my favorites.I do believe these will be closer sounding to the regular speakers.I never liked too much the way Bose sounds.It's ok for low volumes and cocktail hours, but not if you really want to feel that sound and real party.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#394027 - 10/01/14 01:33 PM Re: New speaker system from RCF [Re: frankieve]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Frank, when I was young, which I realize was about the same time John Paul Jones joined the Navy, the degree of coverage for speakers was measured with a portable DB meter, which is what was also used to measure falloff. I assume, that is still the technique used, which was extremely accurate at the time. If you look at the spec patterns, you can also see the degree of coverage as well. For me, it's very important, especially the job I played today. I was set up with only about 75 percent of my audience in front of me, and the remaining 25 percent were situated at tables to each side and somewhat behind me. No one had a problem hearing the music full volume using the L1 Compact. The audience size by actual count was 138 people. Having owned many, many, many sound systems, I'm confident that I could not have achieved that kind if sound distribution equality with any conventional sound system.

Now, does it sound good - HELL YES! To both me and my audiences, the Bose L1 Compact sounds great. Never once had someone say it sounded distorted or muddy, which is not the case with some of my previous, high-dollar sound systems.

Does it justify the cost, IMO, that's a resounding YES! I've actually paid significant more for some conventional sound systems in years past.

Will it work for ME? It does exactly what I want it to do and it does it very, very well.

Will it make money for Frank? I would think so. It sure makes a lot of money for me.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online