SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#394053 - 10/02/14 07:59 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You have to forgive Billy, Worth...remember, he plays one of them there Wersi thingies.

Ian

#394055 - 10/02/14 08:23 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: spalding1968]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
He's the only one that can afford one! smile

#394056 - 10/02/14 08:33 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: DonM]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: DonM
He's the only one that can afford one! smile

I'm just glad I can afford not to have one.

The styles are pretty bland, from the few I've heard...probably why users are reluctant to post anything done with one.

Ian

#394065 - 10/02/14 10:58 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: spalding1968]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: spalding1968
You can see that Ian but obviously some people on this forum are deliberately blind to what is right in front of them.

The Example that I posted was of a guy playing an arranger and creating fully expressed musical ideas freely with full arrangements. You heard drums , strings guitars organs you name it all arranged and coordinated to flll out all the stuff that you only hear in your head when playing any other instrument .

That seems pretty unique to only arranger keyboard. Is that really so unclear ?

Just so I know what kind of misunderstanding is going on here (obviously there is some misunderstanding ) , can you name just one other instrument .... Just one where you can create full musical expression of an idea live and as you feel it like the video example this whole topic is about ?

Just one Bill.... I would really like to know if one exists that I've missed . Because one of us is genuinely talking nonsense here and if it's me then help me out .

1. Any entertainment organ, (The arranger is just a single keyboard with all the electronic entertainment organ easy play features) which has the greater advantage that whatever is in your head can be put down, recorded and played live. (No need to follow along to canned bass lines or accompaniment as you can play what’s in your head yourself)

2. A Midi controller keyboard with a laptop and Abeleton Live

There’s 2 options all way more flexible, allowing you to put down what’s in your head far more easily.

Nothing wrong using an arranger if it does what you want, however for me there isn’t one out there yet that does what I want, (And I don’t like being dictated to by a manufacture as to what I can & cannot have) hence I use other equipment. (As do 99% of other musicians/technicians/players)

There is a big wide world out there, with folks doing all sorts of things, so its pointless banging on about the arranger as if it’s the best thing out there, because it’s not. (Not even close)

Bill

#394067 - 10/02/14 11:06 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
[quote=spalding1968]
There is a big wide world out there, with folks doing all sorts of things, so its pointless banging on about the arranger as if it’s the best thing out there, because it’s not. (Not even close)
Bill

clap clap clap

#394071 - 10/02/14 11:54 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
You make me smile bill . Isn't an entertainment organ ......just an Expensive organ with errr .........an arranger inside ? Ha ha ! You could do stand up comedy honestly !

And I did not know that a midi keyboard and an additional computer and external software was "one instrument " or could meet the fluidty and ease of use as an arranger but i guess anything fits the description of one musical instrument in your world if you really really want it to ...... As always it's been fun .

#394072 - 10/02/14 12:04 PM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill, Donny, I am going to disagree with you guys..I think a top of the line arranger keyboard, could very well be the best instrument...period..

Not because you can push a button and it can make music that most folks could not possibly play..but the flexability of the instrument to conform to what ever you need to do...or your skill level...

I would use my G70 as an example...
It can be the stage piano (of course there are limitations..semi weighted is not piano feel, but more than playable)..
It can be a drawbar organ, as good as most..
It can be the sequencing workstation..
It can be the perfect scratch pad for new songs..
It can be the fastest performing tool...in fact it is..

There is no alternative that out performs the arranger keyboard..

And it can conform to a USB controller to use with our daws, and VST programs...Really..what is missing...and why would I choose any other instrument (being a keyboard player)..?

#394073 - 10/02/14 12:15 PM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: Fran Carango]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Bill, Donny, I am going to disagree with you guys..I think a top of the line arranger keyboard, could very well be the best instrument...period..

Not because you can push a button and it can make music that most folks could not possibly play..but the flexability of the instrument to conform to what ever you need to do...or your skill level...

It can be the stage piano (of course there are limitations..semi weighted is not piano feel, but more than playable)..

And it can conform to a USB controller to use with our daws, and VST programs...Really..what is missing...and why would I choose any other instrument (being a keyboard player)..?

The organ is more flexible as it has additional keyboards and pedals which have their own sections, (thus you don’t need to program so much beforehand) but it is larger to carry around so doesn’t suit all. (No one instrument does)

Bill

#394077 - 10/02/14 12:28 PM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: spalding1968]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
You make me smile bill . Isn't an entertainment organ ......just an Expensive organ with errr .........an arranger inside ? Ha ha ! You could do stand up comedy honestly !

And I did not know that a midi keyboard and an additional computer and external software was "one instrument " or could meet the fluidty and ease of use as an arranger but i guess anything fits the description of one musical instrument in your world if you really really want it to ...... As always it's been fun .

The arranger comes from the entertainment organ not the other way round. (Talk about twisting the facts)

You asked for 1 option and I gave you 2, 1 which is an all in one (Like an arranger) and a second which weighs no more than an arranger and has minimal additional setup if you are gigging.

Just because you like an arranger, doesn’t mean everybody else in the world should too. (Everyone has a right to their own opinion)

#394078 - 10/02/14 12:29 PM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Fran that's all well and good & personally I love my arranger been playing them for a living since the first one hit the market years ago with my KORG SAS20.............but please explain to me why everyone else out there as we AR Kb players are surly a minority just don't get it about arrangers?.....everyone isn't stupid?
the percentage of pro musicians DON"Y use Arranger kb's that is a fact just look around you....nothing wrong with that but there are other ways to make music and the people have spoken on keyboards just by their numbers in using KBs other then an Arranger to make great music, it's done every day in studio & live on stage,....they all can't be wrong?...or can they?.... confused1

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online