SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#394010 - 10/01/14 08:02 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: spalding1968]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I walk right past my arranger keyboards to my lifelong "love affair"..my accordion...

See Chas, how argumental it could be.. grin

#394011 - 10/01/14 08:30 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I didn't see the words "hate arrangers" in my post, nor in any of the others.

However, I still stand by my above post in that the arranger's biggest and most vocal critics appear to be those who have never uploaded (or quite likely, never have played) a piece of music using live style play, which is what makes the arranger so unique compared to workstations and other keyboard setups.

Let's face it, some people just don't (or can't) use style play; perhaps it's too difficult for them to make the adjustments in their playing technique, or they just don't want to use it for other reasons.

Different strokes.

Nevertheless, those of us who can make the adjustments and can embrace (and exploit) such a powerful (and unique ) music system will continue to reap the benefits...and continue to enjoy all the fun an arranger can provide.

This is an Arranger Keyboard forum, after all.

Ian

PS...Fran, I used to play accordion too...it's a unique instrument that I feel is a close relative of the arranger...I had an old Salanti 120 bass that I wish i had never sold. They were the original portable OMB keyboards.

#394013 - 10/01/14 08:36 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

I miss my Galante Accordion also, & others I've owned. frown
....what a great SOLO Instrument.
Sadly Kids today don't know what they are missing..but I do use many Acc sounds on my Arranger KB all the time.

Attachments
acc4.jpg

acc3.jpg

Edited by Dnj (10/01/14 08:39 AM)

#394016 - 10/01/14 08:53 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: ianmcnll]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

This is an Arranger Keyboard forum, after all.

Ian

Gosh, what a surprise. I was wondering how long it would take for that statement to appear. No matter how strongly we appeal, I guess some people just can't help being who they REALLY are, no matter how much they try to disguise it. Since we already know who HAS to have the last word, I won't bother to take this post further south.

So I guess those who don't necessarily think that arrangers are the undisputed king of all instruments, are not welcome on this forum. Wow, I belong to the Honda forum but I still like my Concours 1400 AND my Triumph Triple better. Doesn't seem to bother anybody there. But then again, the average age over there isn't 65+ smile smile.

chas

#394017 - 10/01/14 09:02 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: spalding1968]
124 Offline

Me, I love 'em all. Arrangers, Hammonds, pianos. Well, not all - I do still have the almost insuppressible urge to stab an accordion, or bagpipes, in the windbag. &#128514;

#394019 - 10/01/14 09:03 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

It seems inevitable that you always manage to get yourself so unnecessarily defensive, Chas...then again, it looks so good on you, for some reason.

Practice makes perfect, I suppose.

Thanks,

Ian

#394031 - 10/01/14 03:52 PM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: abacus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: abacus
Originally Posted By: spalding1968
you can see how the player gets inspired to create melodies and chord progression as he plays. This kind of freedom to literally arrange and create full expressions of musical ideas is just not possible with any other musical instrument. This is why I love my arranger keyboard !!!

Any person that likes a particular instrument (Any type of instrument) will enjoy themselves playing as well as be inspired to make music, to say it can only be done easily on an arranger is nonsensical.

Since the first musical instruments were made people have always been inspired to make music. (The arranger is just one of 100s)

Bill

Bill do you actually read the quotes you use before you comment on them ? Where did I say that only an arranger musical instrument exclusively can inspire or give enjoyment whilst playing it ? Can you find that or even a hint of that from the above quote ?

My word ! It's so frustrating posting on this forum when folkes it would appear deliberately misinterpret or twist meanings to suit some kind of hidden agenda !

I said :

This kind of freedom to literally arrange and create full expressions of musical ideas is just not possible with any other musical instrument. This is why I love my arranger keyboard !!!

Name another instrument ( not hundreds ) just one where you can arrange drums , strings ,guitars , horns , pads other percussion instruments live and fluidly in one instrument as you play and as the mood takes you as full expressions of musical ideas .

Can't be done on a guitar,flute, piano trumpet , bass sax etc or even on Chas's favourite accordion .

Even the more recent venture by workstations in adopting arranger features has not achieved anything like the fluidity of an arranger keyboard .

The only nonsense being spouted Bill unfortunately is coming from folks who either can't or refuse to read and should really know better than to misquote ....

#394039 - 10/02/14 05:48 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: spalding1968]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: abacus
you can see how the player gets inspired to create melodies and chord progression as he plays. This kind of freedom to literally arrange and create full expressions of musical ideas is just not possible with any other musical instrument. This is why I love my arranger keyboard !!!

Any person that likes a particular instrument (Any type of instrument) will enjoy themselves playing as well as be inspired to make music, to say it can only be done easily on an arranger is nonsensical.

Since the first musical instruments were made people have always been inspired to make music. (The arranger is just one of 100s)

Bill

Bill do you actually read the quotes you use before you comment on them ? Where did I say that only an arranger musical instrument exclusively can inspire or give enjoyment whilst playing it ? Can you find that or even a hint of that from the above quote ?

My word ! It's so frustrating posting on this forum when folkes it would appear deliberately misinterpret or twist meanings to suit some kind of hidden agenda !

I said :

This kind of freedom to literally arrange and create full expressions of musical ideas is just not possible with any other musical instrument. This is why I love my arranger keyboard !!!

Name another instrument ( not hundreds ) just one where you can arrange drums , strings ,guitars , horns , pads other percussion instruments live and fluidly in one instrument as you play and as the mood takes you as full expressions of musical ideas .

Can't be done on a guitar,flute, piano trumpet , bass sax etc or even on Chas's favourite accordion .

Even the more recent venture by workstations in adopting arranger features has not achieved anything like the fluidity of an arranger keyboard .

The only nonsense being spouted Bill unfortunately is coming from folks who either can't or refuse to read and should really know better than to misquote ....

Using the original post:

[Quote] you can see how the player gets inspired to create melodies and chord progression as he plays [Quote]

This was being done a long long time before the arranger came on the market. (Plus not everybody wants to do this solo)

[Quote] This kind of freedom to literally arrange and create full expressions of musical ideas is just not possible with any other musical instrument [Quote]

As I said in my original post this statement is nonsensical, as there are many other instruments that can easily do it. (And when it comes to originality do it even better as they are not limited to the canned style system)

As to misquoting and twisting facts, then I am afraid you are the guilty one, not me.

Remember I have no favourite instrument or brand; I just use what suits me, as I am well aware that there is not one instrument that can do everything. (And that includes arrangers, no matter what the manufactures and owners try and make you believe)

Enjoy whatever you play

Bill

#394043 - 10/02/14 06:48 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

Mmmmm...I thought arranger type instruments were pretty much the only keyboard where you could change arrangements (and styles) while physically playing a particular song live.

And to repeat what I said above... the arranger keyboard's biggest and most vocal critics appear to be those who have never uploaded (or quite likely, never have played) a piece of music using live style play, which is what makes the arranger so unique compared to workstations and other keyboard setups.

Summing up...I'm glad to have my Tyros4...nothing else out there comes even remotely close to replacing it, as nothing else suits my needs best.

Ian

#394051 - 10/02/14 07:48 AM Re: Watch how much fun an arranger can be [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
You can see that Ian but obviously some people on this forum are deliberately blind to what is right in front of them.

The Example that I posted was of a guy playing an arranger and creating fully expressed musical ideas freely with full arrangements. You heard drums , strings guitars organs you name it all arranged and coordinated to flll out all the stuff that you only hear in your head when playing any other instrument .

That seems pretty unique to only arranger keyboard. Is that really so unclear ?

Just so I know what kind of misunderstanding is going on here (obviously there is some misunderstanding ) , can you name just one other instrument .... Just one where you can create full musical expression of an idea live and as you feel it like the video example this whole topic is about ?

Just one Bill.... I would really like to know if one exists that I've missed . Because one of us is genuinely talking nonsense here and if it's me then help me out .

Edited by spalding1968 (10/02/14 07:51 AM)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online