SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 27 of 31 < 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >
Topic Options
#391715 - 08/10/14 01:37 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: irmler88
The display on my Audya 5 has started flickering intermitently,looking at times like old fashioned TV interferance. This can happen right from start up at times, but on other occasions a clear start up will take place and then the fault will appear during operation. NOT GOOD! I have the Ajam SSD upgrade.
I am a pro musician and am presently working on a cruise ship and not having to use the Audya on the gig, but am preparing it for very important work shoreside in the near future. Any ideas please? (I am not far from Northampton, so maybe a visit to Tonewheeldude is in order)

Originally Posted By: irmler88
The ribbon connector to the display was loose. Not a tight fit. Could be better.

#391716 - 08/10/14 01:52 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

you decide.... confused1

The Ketron Ajamsonic in demo sounds amazingly real....
but, in the REAL world is it more proficient "all around" then the top arranger dogs like Tyros5, Pa3x, BK9, etc,....
especially in a live professional stage performance scenario?

Thoughts keys

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Donny ... to MY ears the Ketron Ajamsonic beat out every board at the jam at Gary's ... the drums were as realistic as you could get, and the 'after touch' capabilities are great ... AJ did this one thing with a sax voice where he hit one note and got a 'flutter' of notes that blew me away ... now, granted, AJ was playing through a HUGE speaker, (but not in stereo) but I was playing my Pa900 and Steve was playing his T5 through the same speaker and there was no comparison ... I doubt that all the boards were eq'd the same, and I know AJ eq'd the mixer to make us sound better, but to me the Ajamsonic was the "Chairman of the Boards" ... wink
Now, at this point in MY career, I know I could not justify the price, and for MY needs the Ajamsonic would be overkill ... but if I were younger and looking to play a lot more gigs, ... hmmmm ...
However, I am surprised that there is no sequencer ?!? ...

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Well, from my perspective, all the arrangers sounded great, and none, at least to my shot to Hell hearing, sounded significantly better than the other. And, to perfectly honest, at least from the way I look at this industry, the vocals are the most important item to consider with any arranger. The keyboards ALL do, and DID a great job of providing excellent accompaniment to the guys singing the songs. And, our audiences demand great vocals. By and large, they could care less about the accompaniment behind the vocalists, hence the popularity of Karaoke, backing tracks, midi files, etc...
As it turned out, AJ is one Hell of a good singer as well as a player.
Gary cool

I am not putting down ANY of the boards that were at the jam because they all DID sound good, but Gary, I LOVE YA MAN, and you are entitled to your opinion, but with all due respect my friend, if you didn't hear a MARKED difference in the Ajamsonic, then:
A)you were out grilling some of that great food you prepared for us; or
2) you had one too many Green Margaritas drink laugh2 ... bounce

Now Gary, I'm just 'rattling your cage' a bit, but seriously, I DID notice a marked difference ... How about the rest of the members who were there - am I alone in my judgement???

And, yes, vocals are a major part of our performances, but many of us like to play some instrumentals during a song, much like we hear on a record, and I think the Ajamsonic voices - such as the sax - would add considerably to that part of a performance especially when playing in other than an assisted living environment ...

JMHO

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
What Gary said is true. But I think the Kentron was a killer. really did stand out above the others.
You have to really appreciate its abilities yourself as the audinece won't know or care too much. And except for the NH circut you better be doing a bunch of stuff as Donny does besides just Arranger playing.

It is the best of the best though.

Here are some more style demos with Ajamsonic......
I spoke with AJ and if you can contain your excitement the
NEW SUPER STYLES are coming in just 14-20 days I am told !! .....
I can't wait to hear them!!! keys

enjoy headphone

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
You can also get a lot of information at the new

www.AjamSonic.com

Eventually will ALL Audya AJAMSONIC Styles be SUPERSTYLES? keys

Donny,

Hmmmm ... The SUPER STYLES will be available to AJAMSONIC and non AJAMSONIC AUDYA users (finally).

As to all AUDYA AJAMSONIC STYLES being SUPER STYLES, we leave this to the end user to manually update the older styles with the new Audio Drums, bass and guitars - then save with their own name, as we would rather spend the time and resources developing more and more and .....

However from here on, all styles released will be of the SUPER STYLES standard .... and better.

Thanks,

Great news AJ......let's face it your ears don't lie......
The Ajamsonic sounds amazingly LIVE!!! headphone

Ah ... my ears are tuned to the real stuff my friend - this helps us when we develop new sounds and styles. However, I have also accepted the fact that it's not the sound for everyone (no sound is actually).

Now a keyboard that has and handles equally well BOTH the LIVE and STUDIO/Polished sound? Hmmm...

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Bachus
I had an Audya 4 for over a year, it was more in the repairshop then in my home studio..

Please elaborate further...
this is what players want to hear about.. cool2

Indid in several posts in the past, i was using the audya 4 in combination with the Korg Kronos and my DAW ( ableton / vst ), i never got the time to do the Ajamsonic update, because from the 14 months i owned it, it was out for repairs more then 9 months.. The pcb that controlled the buttons kept breaking down.. They kept replacing it, but never found the cause why it kept breaking... I think engineers at Ketron could never figure out the real problem.. But to be honest, i browsed a lot about Audya hardware problems on the internet, and it actually seemed like i was just very unlucky with having the one faulty unit.. In the end i got so frustrated that i sold it.

The styles quallity even before the ajamsonic upgrade was outstanding, and since we all know what AJ can do for soundquallity the ajamsonic version must be awesome.. I think the standard style quallity outshined my current PA3x, but only in quallity, not in options. PA3x is a beast when it comes to tweaking, not only the styles parts, but also the sounds..

Personally i almost never used the internal sounds of the audya, kronos and vsts just outshined most of them, and so in my opinion does the PA3x. I dont know how much they improved with the Ajamsonic upgrade, but back then i used the audya4 mainly as a rhytmbox..

The weakest point in my opinion of the audia was its midi controll and the fact that it missed out on pc connectivity... But just using it as a rhytm box with its internal stuff was good.

Originally Posted By: Henni
Aaaaah!

So some are beginning to see the light, even though it took some time.

I think AJ is doing a great job in making the fantastic Ajamsonic Audya known to all. And on top of this he gave & is still giving EXCELLENT support to anyone who approached him, no matter where they live.

I could not care less for Ketron Italy - AJ is my one stop Ketron guy & I only have VERY good things to say about the way he helped me till now.

And in South Africa a brand new Ajamsonic Audya 5 costs half the price of a new Tyros 5. Talking dealer prices though. No idea what one can be had for through Frank....

So all in all, I have to say that nothing beats the Audya for realism, & nothing beats the Yamaha for the variety of styles being feely available. And luckily for me I have both.

And it keeps on getting better with AJs upcoming version 3 update which I'm really looking forward to!

I'll end with this: Sometimes I put the Audya aside and fiddle with my S950 instead. And then, when I fire up the Audya again after playing with the Yamaha for awhile, I'm once again blown away by the difference in sound quality. I guess nothing will EVER sound the same after having owned an Audya! And it's not only the live drums, it's EVERYTHING, right down to the superior style engine as mentioned rightly somewhere else. There's nothing boring or repetitive about the Audya styles. Man it's nice when i.e. the bass player unexpectedly does his own thing in between, & even so the drummer. It makes everything just that more live!

And the best of all are the audio and other loops that could simply be browsed into any part of any style. It literally takes only 5 minutes or so to transform just about any style to ones own personal liking. And I'm not talking about changing the midi voice only, but changing the whole loop or the whole track of that section of the style. It's like having a separate multipad for each track of each section of each style - just think about this for awhile... And the choices of "multipads" are enormous as there is a HUGE library to choose from by now. And most of these "multipads" come in loops that are at least 16bars in length for each section of each part of each style & on top of everything mentioned thus far even behaves different for different chords too!

Nothing boring about the Audya at all!

Cheers all,

Henni

Originally Posted By: leezone
I like what I hear
Are we talking only about 6 or so new super styles?

Great job AJ, Sokratis...

There are about 24 Super Styles in this first release - 8 that Sokratis worked on and 16 that we did over here ourselves.

There are also other new styles which are not SUPER STYLES - these will be made available too ... coming soon!

#391717 - 08/10/14 01:54 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hello Hennie, my name is Scott, from USA. I just got my Ajamsonic Audya. I have been browsing Synthzone and found your contact info. I play midi guitar and found a great deal on the Audya, i wanted the Audya4 but couldnt pass up the keyboard deal, even though I don't play piano. I have the GEM Genesys XP which I am very happy with, but love the Audya live drums, so I bought one. I play a mix of styles, bust mostly 60's rock...Beatles, Kinks, etc..i havent found as many styles on the Audya that I had hoped to for these genres. AJ loaded tons of midi files/songs and I guess there may be a way to create my own style from these, but I am not surs how to yet. Anyways, I see you have offered styles to others on Synthzone and I wonder if you have any styles that I might find useful. Please let me know and thanks for being so helpful on the site.
Scott

Hi Scott,

Congrats on your Audya. You’ll not regret it!

You can find all of my styles over here:

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...IONS#Post357557

There are many more styles over at the CreateSongStyle forumn. However, you’ll have to register first. You’ll find them here:

http://www.createsongstyles.com/forum/index.php

All the best mate,

Henni

#391855 - 08/14/14 02:33 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

OS5.2A on my Audya 76: ...I definitely cannot as yet find anything that would allow one to play intros & endings as many times as desired although Ketron Italy was really asked seriously to look into this....

Henni

#391867 - 08/15/14 01:37 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

#391955 - 08/17/14 08:49 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
cwvezina Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Henni,
How are you?
How can I copy your demos to my Audya?
Thank you

#392190 - 08/25/14 09:21 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: gruhs
My unit doesn't seem to recall the "slider" settings that were in effect when the registration was created (if the sliders are moved and then that registration recalled later). Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: ajodanimario
I don't have the keyboard now front but I think that before recording the registration you have to press button beneath the screen left that puts 5/6 and opens another screen in which you can activate or deactivate different functions, including that of the sliders. I think that it is so, try it and when the audya at home check it to see if I am right.

Originally Posted By: gruhs
ok, found it... the slider save wasn't on. Got it on now and all is good.

Thanks!

#392234 - 08/26/14 10:08 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

My respect for AJ just grows & grows!

Last night I stuffed up an AJAMSONIC style. I need this style urgently for our venue this coming Saturday.

This morning, 1st thing I sent an email to AJ informing him of my self induced dilemma. Less than 10 minutes later, even at over midnight in his part of the world, I received his response along with a new version of the corrupted style.

I say again, AJ is my Audya contact. All of you over here already know of all the things AJ did in the past giving me support & more over here in South Africa. And most probably I'm the only one with an AJAMSONIC Audya over here, yet I am in EXTREMELY good hands!

Take note all you Audya critisizers - I doubt any of you could say same about any other manufacturer. I get SUPER & SUPERIOR service & attention from AJ ALL THE TIME! Be it hardware or be it software, he is ALWAYS there for me.

Thanks again AJ for coming to my rescue so swiftly once again!

Henni

#392718 - 09/05/14 01:44 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: gokuss4
Hi
I ask who is expert at creating msp like Sokratis, AJ, etc. If you can write here a small tutorial on how to do (the manual you do not understand very well).
Questions.
1) How many samples to use and at what velocity?
2) How many velocity for sample?
3) How to loop a sample?
5) What notes should I sample? (only C, D or E. all)
4) For example, if I create a sample of flute. once I caught all samples (for example, C), How do I tell the keyboard to get all the missing samples (D, E .... I think transpose the original sample)

Here are some of these questions
If someone wants to write a nice tutorial, I think I can be of help to many.

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
Originally Posted By: gokuss4
aj or sokratis can we write a tutorial?
I'm really interested!
thanks

My friend gokuss4....
To I write with who way, we can to create a MSP or any different multisample (from zero) is really a very very difficult story....
Believe me that I want to explain, but it need too long time and i have not time to explain a so much difficult theme.....
It is something that I took too many years to I learn and its very difficult to explain with a post....
However before 4 years, when I made for the first time a MSP file, I not needed something more, than to check the manual with who way create a MSP file....I had not more help about this.... Is very easy way this and in the manual is very clean to understand the way that I create a MSP ....
To create only a MSP its a not something difficult....
The very difficult thing is to process all WAV files before to create a MSP, from sampling up to have ready the WAV files for create a MSP.......

However I can to givesome info about your question..

1) In a MSP I think we can to put up to 26 samples (but I am not sure about this).... The MSP file is a very pur file...
The good Multisample file for Ketron is the INS file, however we can not create INS files as users.....

2) In each file of MSP (and more different multisample files like KMP of Korg) we can to have ONLY ONE velocity zone (in the INS file Ketron can to have up 4 Velocity Stereo layers)...
Later from Program in Ketron or Sound in Korg, we will develop and we will sets the velocity layers (1 MSP=1 Velocity), Evelopes, Filters, LFO,s etc.....
In Ketron we need to have only 3 (Mono) Velocity Layer...
In Korg we have (24 Mono) velocity layers..
If my WAV files is Stereo we need after the looping and processing to split L-R the WAV files and need to create two different multisample files like MSP, and in the program put in the Left-63 the MSP_1, and Rigth-63 the MSP_2....
Therefore with MSPs we can not to have a good natural sound like a Stereo Grand Piano becouse we need too more Stereo velocitys and we can to have in the Program only 3 mono velocity layers....

3) To have a good and natural Multisample we need to put in any key different sample (C, D, E, F, G, A, B) without #...
When we put the notes to have correct Pitch sets for example (Start Key C, End Key C#, Original-Pitch=C), next Key (Start Key D, End Key D#, Original-Pitch=D) etc....
However if we have too many samples we need to have make a very smart looping for savings RAM memory....

The looping (and for more works) I working with the SampleRobot 4 that it is a very very good software with this work...... http://www.samplerobot.com/funktionalitaet.htm

#393112 - 09/12/14 01:05 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Cavanfl1
Let me start by saying that ketron make the best arranger keyboards in the world and i have been buying them for the past 20 years or so. but they have the worse customer service on the planet, i have called them, emailed them and sent messages via the website many many times but never get a reply. my problem is , i have an audya 76 that i bought used and there are errors on the hardware, firmware ketao2 d7dt01f6 these are the error messages i get when i do a hardware test. I just cant believe that on an AUDYA there is no way to do a restore to factory setting, (i have done the f10 and unplugged)many times no joy.
If anybody knows how i can get this keyboard back to factory settings please let me know. thank you in addvance.

Originally Posted By: danielbordeiu
Good one!
Hoping they weren't using google translate, here's my understanding:

- Hook the Audya with the PC.
- Look for the AUDYA:\SYSTEM\INIT folder browsing from the PC
- Make a backup (just in case) onto your PC
- Delete the content of the folder AUDYA:\SYSTEM\INIT
- Safely remove USB connection
- Restart Audya.( turn off and then on again)

Originally Posted By: danielbordeiu
Most likely, the files and styles are ok in there. It is the way that the O.S. sees them... Just like the indexing function in Windows, sometimes it can go wrong and the function does not display correctly the content of the HDD.
That's the reason of deleting the incorrect INIT file... This is my guess. After deleting, most probably, at the next reboot, the O.S. will create another INIT file, and will fix the problem. Give it a try - you cannot go wrong.
Good luck!

That is correct danielbordeiu

Page 27 of 31 < 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online