SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#390814 - 07/20/14 09:26 PM Re: Time for a new digital sheet music system... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Bob-

Thanks as well from me!

Great info, well presented and highly useful...

Well done!

#390832 - 07/21/14 06:44 AM Re: Time for a new digital sheet music system... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Mark, the display size of these tablets is described as the diagonal distance from the top left corner to the bottom right. So, both are considered to be 13.3 inch tablets. They are a little narrower and taller than the MusicPad Pro in the portrait position.

I think that anyone who needs to use a foot switch to turn pages should avoid the Archos. Other than that, there is not a lot of difference for music display except for battery life. If you are just looking for a place to store a lot of PDF sheets or books for reference, it would seem that the Archos would be the most economical choice.

The MobileSheets application works quickly and dependably in both tablets for lead sheet display. The Archos works fine for me but I keep almost all of my songs on a single sheet each and don't use a foot switch. I think it is an incredible bargain if no footswitch is needed. If cost is of no concern and if you have good vision, an iPad may be a better choice. The iPad is just too small for me.

#393677 - 09/24/14 06:09 AM Re: Time for a new digital sheet music system... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Amazon has the Hannspree tablet for $125 at this time. If you choose to buy a Hannspree, be sure to buy from a retailer that will let you easily exchange it for another if you have early failure. They have a history of bad units in inventory. If they work for a week or so they should be good for several years. I had to return my first unit but the second works fine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M21N5D4/ref=pe_171880_124013890_em_1p_2_ti

#393697 - 09/24/14 08:21 AM Re: Time for a new digital sheet music system... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I use an iPad with unrealBook as the music app. I've been using this setup for
~3-4 years or so. I am eager to see if Apple will introduce the rumored 12.9" iPad.
For my eyes, the iPad (9.7 inches) is "barely big enough", but for more complex music (with "more on the page"), it's a bit small. I have taken many hundreds of PDFs and re-done them (using Photoshop) with larger chords and lyrics, which helps a lot. My band uses iPads, and we "sync" them together with unrealBook's sync features, so when I turn a page, the whole band all see the same song or page.

This may not work for everyone, but so far it's been good from my perspective ...

-Jim

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online