SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#393693 - 09/24/14 07:40 AM Bose compact & others compared line array
Dnj Offline

headphone

Side note: ......Bose C has a SUB,.....the 2 others do not..?

Edited by Dnj (09/24/14 07:42 AM)

#393699 - 09/24/14 08:46 AM Re: Bose compact & others compared line array [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The bag amp sounded very thin at best.

There was a lot more depth and better mids with the Bose, especially with the vocals.

The Solo amp really lacked in quality throughout.

JMO,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#393702 - 09/24/14 08:49 AM Re: Bose compact & others compared line array [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Not a fair comparison at all IMO due to the lack of a SUB with the two others... headphone

#393704 - 09/24/14 09:04 AM Re: Bose compact & others compared line array [Re: Dnj]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
...but isn't that the way they are sold? Seems fair to me.

#393705 - 09/24/14 09:11 AM Re: Bose compact & others compared line array [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
My thoughts...The bag amp showed more detail, especially with acoustic guitar..it was clearer and more up front..

The Bose and Solo were very similar...The Bose lacked more in the full range of frequencies, same with the Solo..

If you listen to a Bose with the Edirol M-dx10 mixer..you would hear a combination of the Bose and Bag amp..full frequencie range.. wink

The sub plays no part or very little with the guitar or vocal range of the demos..

If I was a guitar player with average vocals..I would prefer the Bag amp..followed by the Bose...

Being a keyboard player, a sub would help all three units...Personally, I would pass on all of these..I want a 3 way with 15...and two of them smile

Edited by Fran Carango (09/24/14 09:12 AM)

#393706 - 09/24/14 09:22 AM Re: Bose compact & others compared line array [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

I agree on some points Fran,............ but i ever would go back to a line array system it will definitly won't be a Bose ever again mad .....instead if I was going that route I'd check out
TWO the HK Elements for stage performance a friend of mine uses them and I was BLOWN AWAY!..... headphone keys

Edited by Dnj (09/24/14 09:24 AM)

#393726 - 09/24/14 02:30 PM Re: Bose compact & others compared line array [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, why do you persist in posting these comparison things between amps and keyboards? You know you will not change anyone's mind about what they are currently using, or like. Fran will always be a Roland fan, and I will never own one again. Those of us that currently own and use the Bose L1 and L1 Compact systems are not about to change, at least not anytime in the near future. Now, you, on the other hand, change equipment more than anyone I've known - ever. You ARE THE KING of gear changing. As for the rest of us, including Fran, we pretty much continue to enjoy the amps and keyboards we currently use. Fran probably broke the record for longevity with those Cubes and G-1000. And, TonyM is probably right up there with the KN he used for more than a decade. As for me, I've done my share of upgrades, but for the past 20 years I've been a Yamaha fan, 40 years if you include my Yamaha guitars. smile

Cheers,

Gary cool

#393727 - 09/24/14 02:36 PM Re: Bose compact & others compared line array [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary new gear is always coming to market why shouldn't we compare and see feel & hear the differences, improvements and new designs manufacturers keep producing year after year? I personally look forward to it more and more, if you don't compare you'll never know IMO..electronic devices rapidly change its ain't gonna stop anytiome soon ....life is way too short!......hey you gotta give me some credit for still having the S-950 for 17 months so far.. wink

Edited by Dnj (09/24/14 02:38 PM)

#393743 - 09/24/14 04:18 PM Re: Bose compact & others compared line array [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gary I have owned,literally hundreds of non Roland keyboards, and scores of non Roland sound systems smile

True..I became a fan of Roland in the early 80's..they were consistantly on top with their line..in fact I became a Roland dealer back then.. smile

I liked many other brand equipment too...not across the board as I did Roland..Yamaha, Korg, Crumar, Siel , Digital keyboard, Sequential circuits etc, had some dogs.. grin

It was great time in the mid 80's..we had the Mirage, DX7, M1, JX10...These and others I used for a long time.. wink

Same with sound systems.. I always had the big Cubes..Everything I owned has been compared to them..They are my benchmark..I have used just about every system you can think of..

Some of my "bench mark" keyboard were The G1000, X1, XP80 and G70..

I was fortunate to have the instruments side by side, for my evaluations.

As for the Bose, sure they sound good, I have never gigged with them, but tried them, even tested them..a lot..They lack frequencies from the factory..that you just won't hear without a 31 band eq..(in stereo). shocked

I have also tried the over priced current sound systems..that are overated...and lack bottom..Podium shames them in the bottom end..
I have performed many times with array speakers..not the 2 inch kind grin
and not the systems you would play in your bedroom grin

They are designed for high volume, and large coverage..Usually when our audience are over a couple thousand people.

#393747 - 09/24/14 05:29 PM Re: Bose compact & others compared line array [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, you have probably broken a personal record for longevity with the S-950, followed by the PSR-3000. Take that money you've been hoarding and give it to Nancy - she'll know exactly what to do with it. wink

Fran, I know you've owned and used lots of gear, and so have most of us that have been performers for a decade or more. And, somewhere along the line I knew you were in business with one of the members as a dealer, but that was a long time ago, too. I do remember you raving about that G-1000 for what seemed like forever, and that nothing on the planet was remotely close to it. Of course, all of this is subjective, mainly because we all have our own perception of what sounds good and what does not. And, so do our audiences. That's why it baffles me when Donny and a couple others persist in posting this V/S that, and this is new so it's better than the older stuff, and so on. If it was even a little bit helpful, I would be all for it, but most of the time it ends up just being another pissing contest. And as everyone knows, pissing contests don't help anyone achieve anything. Or, maybe I just can't piss far enough to compete. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online