SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#393273 - 09/15/14 10:15 AM Re: Using an arranger with a bad rotator cuff. [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You have a deal, Don! wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#393296 - 09/15/14 07:09 PM Re: Using an arranger with a bad rotator cuff. [Re: captain Russ]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Don't do it Gary. He's setting a trap. smile

Tom

#393297 - 09/15/14 07:28 PM Re: Using an arranger with a bad rotator cuff. [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Yeah, I know - he can be a cagy Cajun. wink I could get lucky, though. I haven't played golf since I was 16 years old and played on caddy day at Mount Pleasant Golf Course in Baltimore. I shot in the high 70s back then, and the pros said with some training, I could really be good and maybe get into the sport professionally. Unfortunately, I didn't listen to them, and went into music instead. Hell, I could have owned Tiger Wood's yacht - now that would have been nice!

With my luck, Mason will kick my butt and I would be lucky to shoot in the low 100s. I'll bet my bottom dollar I can outfish him, though. smile

Gary cool

#393323 - 09/16/14 03:47 PM Re: Using an arranger with a bad rotator cuff. [Re: captain Russ]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I'm sticking with pool, actually. It goes so well with beer and young women. I caught another one, I hope I live through it. But if I don't, been nice knowing you all. I mean, y'all.

#393472 - 09/20/14 05:43 AM Re: Using an arranger with a bad rotator cuff. [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Russ and fellow thread participants:

Sorry, Russ! Looks like you have been "hi-jacked" by those Louisiana Golf Hucksters, baiting folks from the Maryland area to "come on down and get their plow cleaned!" LOL! I must admit that our friend Mason talks a good game and probably backs it up with skill and dexterity. (But I've only heard him sing and play at Ernest's in Shreveport.)

Russ, I've never experienced a torn R/C but as long as you can use your left hand, there is still the opportunity to play your keyboard. Performing with it, as you are used to be doing, is a "horse of a different color." I spend hours setting up the songs I write and I modify styles and intros/outros plus middle breaks... then play the chords with my left hand, push the buttons, etc. with my right hand and sing away as I record into a Boss BR-864 digital recorder, then edit the one-track result in my Laptop... and believe me, there are lots of edits.

Being a songwriter and not a performer, I find immense satisfaction in my 910 Yammie (wish I could afford a T-Rex or a 950) but I would never attempt to be seen in public looking like a clown with my pants on the ground, LOL!

Nothing will ever sound as good as a well played keyboard artist using both hands... but there are options... as long as performing in public is not one of them.

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you will experiment just a little. Hey, it beats sitting around doing zilch!

All my best to you,

Dave Rice

http://www.ShowCaseYourMusic.com/DaveRice/

#393496 - 09/20/14 11:32 PM Re: Using an arranger with a bad rotator cuff. [Re: captain Russ]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Russ......I went to a "Health Festival" and met a chiropractor. I told him about the pinched nerve in my neck (affecting my left shoulder) and the torn meniscus in my knee. He had some kind of a Buck Rogers ray gun in his hand. He told me it's new technology....that there is a "GPS" inside it that "locates" the problem area and then sends in some kind of (ultra-sound?) waves to heal it.

Now I thought the chiro was a quack as I'm very aware of "health...healing....nutrition, exercise, etc" issues. I wouldn't go to HIM, but I thought afterwards about what he said. I'm wondering if there IS new technology for "tears" and other injuries.

But........I know nothing about a "torn rotator cuff." Pinched nerve, yes, courtesy of Google. But do consider "alternative treatment" if it doesn't absolutely require surgery. Oftentimes the body can heal itself with the right healing methods (nutrition, exercise, rest, etc....even things like acupuncture).

Mark

#393506 - 09/21/14 05:30 AM Re: Using an arranger with a bad rotator cuff. [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Mark, the guy was obviously a quack. Run, don't walk, away from these individuals.

Gary cool

#393642 - 09/23/14 12:44 PM Re: Using an arranger with a bad rotator cuff. [Re: captain Russ]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Can't see the expert (An Indian Dr and son practice well regarded by everyone) until the 2nd.

I'm making all my jobs, but telling people I'll be out of action from Jan 1 until healed or decide to hang it up, due to pain, immobility....whatever.

If it ends tomorrow, it will have been a hell of a ride. And, I can still write and produce, which is equally satisfying. I actually enjoy writing and producing a score played by other people; seeing their interpretations and other forms of input.

I've been a lucky man, and I appreciate every chance I've had to participate in music performance and production in whatever form it came along.

And I appreciate associations with folks like you!

R.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online