SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 15 of 31 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31 >
Topic Options
#358060 - 01/06/13 08:53 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: robert.m
HI..Greetings from Croatian!!

I have a problem after I made upgrade usb pen drive 2011.2012,the problem is that we in some factory sounds not write the exact name of the sound, but the user-voice list.brass section, f2-user voice list (not brass2), strings sectoin f2 user voise list list (not phillharmony str)...please help???

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
I presume you mean some Factory Voices are incorrectly names?

If so, it sounds as though your "presets40a.prg" file is corrupt. You can delete the file located here: SYSTEM/INIT/presets40a.prg

Once deleted, turn off the Audya, wait 10 seconds and turn it back on, the keyboard should replace the file with a new version and factory names will be restored.

#358062 - 01/06/13 09:09 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

HOW TO REPLACE THE MIDI DRUMS WITH AUDIO DRUMS IN A MIDI ONLY STYLE:

1. Select bottom right menu to "Global"
2. Go to any variation & open style view mode.
3. Turn the midi drum volume right down to 0.
4. Now double click your drum channel. It should say "Audio drums off".
5. Press enter.
6. Select new Audio drums and set volume to your liking.
7. Select bottom right menu to "Single".
8. Go to intro.
9. Select audio drum volume to 0.
10. Double click on audio drum to select midi drum active again.
11. Set volume level to your liking.
12. Do same for all intros & endings.

VIOLA!!! Your style now plays the original midi drums in it's intros & endings, and your new audio drums in the rest.

Remember, with drums it's not what you see in the display that matters, but rather the volume levels, even if you do not see the part selected. It will happily play midi drums, audio drums & grooves simultaneously if you are not careful with the volume levels.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#358063 - 01/06/13 09:11 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all.

I took roughly a third of my collection of the best styles (according to my personal taste) found under this topic and made a demo of them - just a intro, variation 1 & ending of each. Here you can listen to what can be found amongst those. Maybe I'll post another demo or two of my remaining two thirds later.

I like to listen to these as it motivates me.

Demo 01

Demo 02

Henni

#358070 - 01/06/13 10:36 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

The very first Ketron UK Style Pack "By Request" is now live on our new StyleUpdate website:

http://www.ketronmusic.co.uk/styleupdate/

Special Thanks to Robert Messier for his tremendous artistic and creative genius, Ketron Italy for being so helpful by providing software, support and hardware and most of all to you guys..for suggesting the styles and being so patient over the last few months.

The site is not quite finished, it is not great in 1024x768, The Suggest a Style, Support and Links sections still need finishing, but everything else is there.

Read more about it or find more demos here

#358168 - 01/07/13 08:46 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: gruhs
In your spare time (ha-ha) maybe someday you would consider putting a section in Tips & Tricks showing a little about"tweeking" styles in Style View.

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
...The Arps and Licks are to be used in the styles only. With the AJAMSONIC package, the Arps can also be played as lead voices as is the case with regular workstation synths!

When you select a style that you like and want to make modifications to it by adding these, simply press STYLE VIEW which will display the style's components (Drums, Bass, Chords ... etc).

* Press F4 (Chord 4) quickly twice to toggle between the Midi chord part programmed within the style and the ARP&Lick table provided by Ketron which can be inserted in this style to replace the Midi part.

* Play the style and use the Data wheel to now go through the various ARP&Licks currently available.

* When satisfied with a selection, repeat for all the other ARRANGER PARTS (A-D), then press SAVE and save your new style (it will be saved under the same group - but in the USER STYLE folder, so when next you want to play this modified FACTORY style (or any style you load into the machine), press the USER STYLE button first! This preserves the FACTORY styles.

This and a lot more is clearly illustrated in our 3+Hrs DVD tutorial manual so you can see and hear how it's done and the effects it has on your over-all sound/music!

This (STYLE MODELLING) can also be applied to :-

* DRUMS (F1) - Midi, Factory AUDIO or USER AUDIO Drums
* GROOVE (F2) - Midi Drum Kits, GROOVES or Percussion
* BASS (F3) - BASS BANK or style's MIDI Bass
* Chord 1 (F6) - PIANO BANK or style's MIDI part
* Chord 2 (F7) - GUITAR BANK 1 or style's MIDI part
* Chord 3 (F8) - GUITAR BANK 2 or style's MIDI part
* Chord 4 (F9) - ARPS & LICKS BANK or style's MIDI part
* Chord 5 (F10) - LIVE Guitar or style's MIDI part

Hope this helps...

Hi my friend,

It's really THAT simple. Just double click the part. When you click once, you can change the midi voice selection. When you double click, it opens up an audio library. Another double click takes you back to the midi part. Now press play. Next, use your data wheel to scroll through what's available & select something to your liking. When you're done, either save as a new style or as a new registration - the results are the same!

Note that on some parts (i.e. grooves), when you double click a second time, you get even more audio selections.

Only on the audio drums you cannot scroll through the selections whilst listening. Here you have to select, press play, then press stop, select the next drums, press play, press stop & so on. For all the rest, even grooves, you can scroll whilst listening. With the AJAMSONIC upgrade, this causes no hick-ups whatsoever.

Every time you play with the above, it will become easier until you can do it on the fly without even concentrating.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#358190 - 01/08/13 02:33 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
Here you go ...

UPDATE 5.0A

1 . We've added 2 new functions to the Disk Utility menu:- "Info" and "Restore".
2 . Ouantization has been improved in the Pattern EDITOR menu.
3 . "Pedal Switch" functionality has been optimized.
4 . Optimized "Midi Filter" management.
5 . Improved "Copy Styles" function in the Pattern menu.
6 . Improved the use of the "2nd Voice" with After Touch.
7 . Improved the Transposer function in the "Bass Fisa Low" function.
8 . Improved the functioning of: Audiodrum, Wave , MSP and Ins.
9 . Optimized the management of "Sustain Midi" on the "Global" Midi channel.
10 . Improved chords recognition in the "Easy mode" when using the Bass Pianist function.
11 . Improved both "Live Guitar" and "User Audio file" functions.
12 . Improved "Sustain Control" management within the Pedalboard.
13 . Improved minor and seventh chords recognition on the Style when using "Break".
14 . Optimized hard disk management.
15 . Improved management of the Global Transposer during real time tonality switch over.
16 . The problem present on Audya 4 with the "Manual Bass" during data transmission is now solved (Midi Out).
17 . "Global Transposer" management enabled in transmission ( Midi Out ).
18 . The Global Transposer functioning in presence of “ON” notes has been corrected.
19 . Improved Live Guitars selection via "Bank Select Midi" and "Program change".
20 . In the "Accordion Active” mode, the "Delete Notes" function was implemented after the Style stop, while the Manual Bass is active.
21 . Improvements carried out in the Midi Transposer menu (sections: Chord, Lower and Guitar).
22 . Improvements in the "Tabs" that can be assigned in the Play list section.
23 . In the Drum Set "Editor" environment, the Shift and Tune save settings has been corrected.
24 . In the "Accordion" mode the Manual Bass function was optimized.
25 . Improvements carried out to the Registration management (Single and Block).
26 . Improved compatibility between Mp3’s and Lyrics.
27 . Minor problems in the Midi Accordion "Factory Set-Up" menu have been solved.
28 . Optimized functioning of the Breaks in the styles (midi part).
29 . Improvements implemented to the Piano Styles Sustain function.

Enjoy

PS: Note ... for those of you with the AJAMSONIC upgrade package, this upgrade can also be applied to you keyboards/modules and you will still maintain your AJAMSONIC upgrade features, sounds and styles! WORKING TOGETHER, WE CAN!

#358193 - 01/08/13 02:56 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
I just finished loading my Songfinder in the single reg folder in my Audya. I made one master folder and then 8 sub folders which I renamed to the first and last letters of that folder. It took about seven minutes to download, and about the same for the Audya to process it.

...I find it easy enough to switch to my favorite group of instruments if I don't like what they choose. However, if I save the changes, it makes a new reg beside the old one, instead of changing the original. I will just move that one to my regular single list...

Bernie

Originally Posted By: gruhs
I organized mine the same way as Bernie and was able to move right into the first sub-folder of my choice but now can't get out of that folder to go to any others or my old original regs. What did I do wrong?

Escape out of it to go to the previous level

Originally Posted By: Henni
Bernie,

I did not even know one could have subfolders under Registry/Single folder and that the Audya would recognize it!!! This is actually great news, as right now it takes a long time to save any registry as a result of the huge number of entries in it - I find this rather frustrating.

...Thank you for discovering this & making it known to the rest of us.

Henni

#358396 - 01/09/13 08:28 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

I am also making great use of my BLOCK REGISTRATIONs for my playlists. Just make sure they are play ready before entering, as you have to go back to the single source to change.

Bernie,

I've always wondered about that. If you update the single only, will the changes be carried over to the block if it resides in it?

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Yes

It is a shortcut that calls up the single at it's current state,

#358612 - 01/13/13 12:31 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

The very first thing I do with these non Ketron styles is to replace the midi drums with audio drums, whilst still maintaining the midi drums for all the intros & endings. This takes cares off all the fills automatically. And now I've discovered the drum "grooves" - there are some excellent stuff amongst those samples and I also use in nearly everyone of my conversions. Be sure not to overlook those!

Next, I love to change some of the bass sections to audio also. As you can hear by now, I really like those funky bass loops & they just about appear in everything I do.

Thereafter, any style part that does not play correctly or to my liking, also gets changed to a audio or arps & licks loop.

As for the intro's & endings, I change some of the midi voices and volume levels. If something does not play correct, I simply turn the volume right down for that section. This far, I've not tried to do more to those...

All of this is so easy to do, right on the Audya, & the more one does it, the easier it becomes.

Go for it!!! The results are very well worth the effort.

Henni

#359268 - 01/22/13 09:14 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Snoopy
Hi,

I was curious if this would work, so I tried it.

IT WORKS !

My Audya5 is now running without moveable parts ( "normal harddisk" )... just a silent SSD.

Via an adaptor ( SSD to IDE-HD ) I connected a 120 GB SSD to my Audya 5. After formatting only 80GBs can be used but thatīs enough for me.

Due to the fact that I did a backup from my PenDrive2011 PRIOR USING IT I was able to reinstall it on the new SSD, as well as the 2012PenDrive and the UK-Styles.

Ooops,

so many responses...

I try to answer them ( not in sequence ) wink :

The disk-light starts flashing when the "blue bar on the bottom" reaches approximately the middle of the bootscreen. After 40 sec itīs off like normal. Playing styles itīs very seldom flashing, so in general I would say : Itīs like "normal behaviour"

The times :
3 sec : Boot-Screen on
25 sec: MainPage on
35 sec: "click"
45 sec: ready to use

My SSD is a "SanDisk SDSDX-120G", 120 GB capacity, usable in Audya 80 GB.

The adaptor is a "Adapter Serial S-ATA SATA-HD to 2,5-inches-IDE 44-pin" ( I hope I translated it correct, I bought it in summer 2012 from amazon Germany, 12 € ).

Iīm "only" a home-user, so no fears about a crash during a gig. But of course Iīve got the "original HD", changing needs max 10 Minutes wink.
A german forum buddy has it working in his Audya76 since 3rd of october 2012, but with another SSD ( Mushkin 120GB ).

I didnīt feel any differences ( yes, I do : Itīs silent in my room laugh ) until now.

Due to the f****** copy-"protection" it is NOT POSSIBLE to copy the "Ketron-Pendrive2011" and "UK-Styles" AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN INSTALLED ONCE to the "original harddisk".
2011 stick shows : "wrong serial number", in fact thatīs not the complete truth... The serialnumber of my Audya has definetely not changed, but the one of my harddisk.

In the meantime I know, how the "copy prevention" on the sticks is working... wink

I also have an idea how it COULD work in the Audya, but due to the fact that I donīt need it ( because anything works fine, PenDrive 2011, 2012 and UK-Styles ) I wonīt waste time to find it out wink.

BTW: Last year I copied the "2011 styles" from the "factory style" to my "user style" folder.
With the new SSD those copies were as well "protected", even though I installed the Pen2011 again and those files in the "factory" folder work fine...

If anyone has more questions he / she may ask them, but NOT to send a copy / image of my USB-stick !!! ( Itīs anyway a 4 GIGAbyte file laugh )

If anyone is creating a clone of their hard drive as back up - I would say to use Clonezilla (or similar)

Hi,

Iīm quite sure that Audya has no "built in" serial-number. Because then Ketron had to put in any keyboard an individual chip ( EPROM or similar )!!! In my opinion itīs just the label thats on the case.

CloneZilla is a good option for the sticks, but unfortunately not for the Audya-harddisks wink

@leezone : Formatting the harddisk in a pc doesnīt work ( beause Audya seems to use a "not normal FAT32" file-system ), and if formatting in the Audya you only get those 80 GB.

Maybe that editing the hd parameters ( MBR, Clustersize ... ) with an hex-editor after formatting it in the Audya could help to get more than 80 GB.

Originally Posted By: Ketron User
Hello,

Altough i bought the same SSD, and SATA to 44-pins IDE Convertor,
my Audya refuse to recognice my SSD.
I can't format my SSD in first place...

@Snoopy
You have also used a SATA to 44-pins IDE Convertor. Buth the Audya use a 50-pins-Connector from HD to Printboard.
How to connect ???

[quote=Snoopy]Hi Carlo,

on my convertor there is a small jumper, this one has to be removed, otherwise the Audya wonīt recognize the SSD !

I you have a look to the 2nd of my pictures maybe you can see that the 6 pins LEFT SIDE ( seen from above ) of the cable are not connected to the convertor.

In other words : "Nr 1" of the cable to "Nr 1" of the convertor.

Page 15 of 31 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online