SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#393559 - 09/22/14 07:52 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm pretty savvy when it comes to most geeky things, but when it comes to being an entertainer, I know what my audiences want, and how to deliver it in the most effective manner. Punching PC keys and using a controller just ain't gonna cut it for me, or my audiences. As anyone that has been an OMB entertainer for more than a few days will tell you, it's hard enough to convince our audiences that we are really up there playing and singing, and some electronic gizmo is not doing all the work and we're just lip-synching. I wish I had a dollar for ever time I've heard someone say, "It's really him singing." And, just about every time you perform in front of a new audience someone will ultimately come up and start up a conversation while you are playing and singing, as if you could just stop doing both and the music and singing would continue without you.

Give me my all in one package, my arranger keyboard, and a good vocal processor, and I'll do the rest. I need instant access to songs, styles and voices, and the arranger keyboards provide that access with little or no effort on my part. I need to be able to transition from one song to the next in less than a second, and have all those voices I saved in the registration show up on the OTS right where I want them. And, those OTS voices, IMO, really sound realistic from just about every arranger keyboard I've owned over the past two decades.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#393560 - 09/22/14 07:54 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Bachus do you perform publicly often using the VST setup?

#393561 - 09/22/14 08:35 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Give me a song name, and I will try to play it on a video + vArranger smile

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#393562 - 09/22/14 08:49 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

No Donny, by now i tought everyone knew i am not a performer... I only play evenings at home in my little music room also known as home studio..

Last time i performed live was over 15 years ago... It was nerfbreaking, each and every time, so in the end, i decided to stick to my musicroom..

However, if i would play on stage, and a song needed something that was not available in the hardware ( which is very rare when you have a T5) then i would use A VST... And if i performed OMB and if i wanted to do some of the modern Deejay stuff ( the stuff you showed in those videos Donny) then i would need to use a DAW like live or FL studio combined with something like an APC 40 or push or maschine.... In combination with VSTs

http://keyszone.boards.net

#393563 - 09/22/14 08:51 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: DAN.2000]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
Give me a song name, and I will try to play it on a video + vArranger smile

queen, bohemian rhapsody... Including vocals ... ( offcourse only if everyone agrees )

http://keyszone.boards.net

#393564 - 09/22/14 09:09 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Dnj

No Donny, by now i tought everyone knew i am not a performer... I only play evenings at home in my little music room also known as home studio..

Last time i performed live was over 15 years ago... It was nerfbreaking, each and every time, so in the end, i decided to stick to my musicroom..

However, if i would play on stage, and a song needed something that was not available in the hardware ( which is very rare when you have a T5) then i would use A VST... And if i performed OMB and if i wanted to do some of the modern Deejay stuff ( the stuff you showed in those videos Donny) then i would need to use a DAW like live or FL studio combined with something like an APC 40 or push or maschine.... In combination with VSTs

No disrespect Bachus, .....it's just that sometimes advice from
non pro players whomever they may be who do not perform every day on stage for a living tends to be not suited or maybe not the information needed as a home player vs a working pro. Not that it's not appreciated but without the experience of performing in front of people under the pressures of an audience night after night for many many years is a big difference then someone who plays in their home.
We always can still learn from each other and that is a good thing.

#393566 - 09/22/14 09:46 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Bohemian Rapsody is too much hard for my playing

Another try? smile

Dan

#393567 - 09/22/14 10:05 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: DAN.2000]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
Bohemian Rapsody is too much hard for my playing

Another try? smile

Dan just pick your own song that YOUR comfortable playing...... keys

#393568 - 09/22/14 10:10 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Bachus, do you know to play the queen song with an arranger? smile

Dnj, I want to play something on demand for this video, to be more exited about this task

Dan

#393569 - 09/22/14 10:19 AM Re: XK-3c using with Auto Arranger Keyboards [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bachus

I only play evenings at home in my little music room also known as home studio..

Bachus,

You are wise for doing music the way YOU love to do it. Plus, it's people like you who spend great amounts of time on VST's and other products, that can pass on your knowledge to those of us who, either haven't had the time to play around with these products, or have been using more dedicated instruments that are easier (or simpler) to use when performing live.

Whatever works best for you.

I know, since my retirement, I thoroughly enjoy playing the music I want to play, instead of having to play according to the whims and wishes of an audience.

Ian

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online