SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#393664 - 09/23/14 11:08 PM Re: High tech Busker with Bose sound system [Re: Jerryghr]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
She has a great voice . If you your not able to hear that then that's fine . I guess there is no point in talking about the great clarity of the bose system she was using either &#128522;.

#393678 - 09/24/14 06:11 AM Re: High tech Busker with Bose sound system [Re: Jerryghr]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
So Spalding, does that mean that one must subscribe to the 'majority' opinion or be rebuffed. Don't be so quick to fall prey to the 'herd' mentality. And never forget that music, like most art forms, is a very subjective thing. All I know is, I'm not dropping anything in her guitar case. As for the BOSE clarity, with her raucous tone, I'd say that it's working against her. JMO. No others need agree.

chas

#393682 - 09/24/14 06:17 AM Re: High tech Busker with Bose sound system [Re: spalding1968]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: spalding1968
She has a great voice . If you your not able to hear that then that's fine . I guess there is no point in talking about the great clarity of the bose system she was using either &#128522;.

A "great vocal performance" is questionable..I didn't agree with the statement either..

As for the "clarity"....I could not determine the clarity...The recording was poorly mixed (too hot), and recorded on a portable recorder, compressed to an MP3, and listened on a laptop...You guys have great ears.. smile

#393683 - 09/24/14 06:24 AM Re: High tech Busker with Bose sound system [Re: Jerryghr]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I listened on my desktop with Yamaha MS50 speakers and heard absolutely no distortion. As for her vocal ability, well, it's OK for a street corner busker, but nothing that would make me toss money into the guitar. Donny said he could hear distortion, I couldn't, my wife couldn't, my kids didn't hear any either. Chas has a point about the clarity, and maybe it did work against her - not my kind of music, so I cannot comment on that aspect. Keep in mind, though, that it appears that she is using an old SM58, probably plugged directly into the Bose Mic input, which means there are no effects other than the 2-band EQ, so if that's the case, everything, including the guitar, will be completely dry. If she would have run everything through the T1-Tonematch mixer, and maybe add a cheap Roland drum machine, I believe there would be a huge difference in her vocals and the overall depth of the sound. One of you experts ought to have a talk with that young gal. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (09/24/14 06:29 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#393687 - 09/24/14 06:51 AM Re: High tech Busker with Bose sound system [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

clap headphone clap

#393691 - 09/24/14 07:32 AM Re: High tech Busker with Bose sound system [Re: Jerryghr]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
No Chas . I have never been a follower when it comes to my appreciation of music . Neither am I saying that other people have to agree with my views. there was a smiley face input after my comments but for some reason from my phone it doesn't come out as a smiley face but just as numbers. It was a light-hearted comment nothing more .

But I would say that I have heard many Street buskers as I live in a huge metropolitan city with lots of musicians playing live on the streets. This lady is very much a cut above most of what I have heard on the streets vocally .And the sound was extraordinarily clear. The person holding the camera moved from their position and the sound was equally clear no matter where they were. For me of all the demonstrations of the bose system I have heard, this was the most convincing. Especially in an outdoor setting.

Edited by spalding1968 (09/24/14 07:34 AM)

#393698 - 09/24/14 08:22 AM Re: High tech Busker with Bose sound system [Re: Jerryghr]
rosetree
Unregistered

I definitely hear a distortion. But I think it is probably not a distortion of the Bose, but of the video recording.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online