Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#393365 - 09/18/14 06:52 AM Re: Korg vs Yamaha arranger lines [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Has anyone ever noticed that when we see a comparison it's always brand XXX V/S Yamaha?z,Might the reasoning behind this be that Yamaha IS the top dog? wink

Gary cool

That may be true but where the heck is the NEW S Model and why so long in between models?....... confused1

Why would they make a new S model, if all those salesmen still push the old ones at a very nice profit?

In the same vein the they could have waited with the T5 and so many who bought in haste are returning them for the T4.. confused1

#393366 - 09/18/14 07:40 AM Re: Korg vs Yamaha arranger lines [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Has anyone ever noticed that when we see a comparison it's always brand XXX V/S Yamaha?z,Might the reasoning behind this be that Yamaha IS the top dog? wink

Gary cool

That may be true but where the heck is the NEW S Model and why so long in between models?....... confused1

Why would they make a new S model, if all those salesmen still push the old ones at a very nice profit?

In the same vein the they could have waited with the T5 and so many who bought in haste are returning them for the T4.. confused1
. I think many might be highly exagorated...

From dutch dealers i keep hearing how it sold better then any Tyros before, and that they are surprised how well it sold in the depression...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#393377 - 09/18/14 10:51 AM Re: Korg vs Yamaha arranger lines [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Where was KETRON in this mix at the Organ/Keyboard festival?...

Ketron only has 1 distributer in the UK who also distributes Bohm & Key B & Thomas organs, and as they were demonstrating Bohm (At possibly others) at the boat show, did not attend this time. (They were at the April and May shows)

They were however used by a number of concert players mainly to increase the styles of the other instruments they were playing, and as has been said before if it has the style you want they are unmatched, but are let down by their main sounds and Midi styles which fall short of other manufactures instruments.

Bill

#393379 - 09/18/14 10:57 AM Re: Korg vs Yamaha arranger lines [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Gary cool

Yamaha normally work around a 3 year release update of their S series instruments so just hang on in there.

Bill

#393381 - 09/18/14 11:06 AM Re: Korg vs Yamaha arranger lines [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Did the dealers also tell you why they prefer to sell Yamaha instruments above all other brands? I think i know why, you can make more money from selling a Yamaha instrument then you can make from selling any other brand... combined with the great backup support they get from Yamaha over here in europe, that makes them want to sell Yamaha first and above all..

Over here in the UK Yamaha organs/arrangers are part of a family (Has been from the late 70s early 80s) so people feel happy with the Yamaha brand (Just like Apples users do with their stuff) and they constantly recommend it, even though it falls short in a number of departments. (Just like Apple products)
If you can get a licence to sell Yamaha (You have to meet strict support guidelines etc.) then it is quite simply a sure fire way to print money.

Bill

#393389 - 09/18/14 01:27 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha arranger lines [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sounds like Donny has money burning a hole in his pocket again. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online