SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#393287 - 09/15/14 03:05 PM Pipe organ hello to a new European member state?
rosetree
Unregistered

Let's see how the referendum will turn out...
I recorded this on Friday when practising for a church wedding on which the couple wished this 'Scottish' tune (Highland Cathedral) to be played. (I even thought about playing the Integra bagpipes via master keyboard with the right hand, but I chose pure pipe organ.) In fact this tune was composed by two Germans around 1980!
http://youtu.be/liQ86BoKRuc

BTW, I had recorded a digital version a few months ago, with a MoXF/Garritan/Hauptwerk church organ and Roland Integra bagpipes. Just noticed that it is much faster:
https://soundcloud.com/rorosetree/highla...ntegra-bagpipes

Edited by rosetree (09/15/14 03:18 PM)

#393299 - 09/15/14 07:34 PM Re: Pipe organ hello to a new European member state? [Re: ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Unfortunately, I could barely make out the bagpipes in the background because they were so overshadowed by the organ. Great job of playing, though.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#393305 - 09/16/14 05:17 AM Re: Pipe organ hello to a new European member state? [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Thanks. Just in case you didn't listen to the second recording completely, the bagpipes start in the middle part, after about 20-30 seconds. I think you can hear them well there at least with headphones. They are composed of supernatural solo Uliean Pipe and a bagpipe section from the orchestral expansion.

#393344 - 09/17/14 11:06 AM Re: Pipe organ hello to a new European member state? [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

I guess I'll make a pure bagpipes version, too. The Integra SN-A pipes are excellent IMO. The Motifs/MoxF have very poor bagpipes in the factory soundset, however there is a celtic instruments sample library available, which I might purchase some time (however I would need the 2 GB Mutec flash board to have enough storage left).
BTW, regarding Scotland, I guess most people will get afraid of al the risks at the last minute and vote against independence...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online