SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#393310 - 09/16/14 09:35 AM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: KORG80]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don ... I have seen my grandchildren progress from the recorder to violin playing Hot Cross Buns etc. and now 2 of the 4 are continuing their music education on piano and sax ... I have also seen how their dedicated teachers have worked to make it fun, especially in the band classes, and the improvement over the years - with minimal amount of 'band time' - has been remarkable ...

#393321 - 09/16/14 02:29 PM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: tony mads usa]
KORG80 Offline

Hey Tony,
A couple of Grade 4 kids were leaving the music room after the whole class played a twelve bar, Chuck Berry style version of "Hot Cross Buns. One turned to the other and said, "I thought recorder sucked".
"Yeah, that was pretty amazing!"said the other student.

Having said that, I do stress to the kids that I work with, that the best musicianship comes from the ability to read notation along with the ability to play freely in an "ear trained" internalized manner. I feel pretty blessed that I am able to do what I do with the talent that God has given me. I do, however, wish I had taken the time to learn to read music.

God Bless,
Don

#393328 - 09/16/14 11:46 PM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: KORG80]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: KORG80
Hey Tony,
A couple of Grade 4 kids were leaving the music room after the whole class played a twelve bar, Chuck Berry style version of "Hot Cross Buns. One turned to the other and said, "I thought recorder sucked".
"Yeah, that was pretty amazing!"said the other student.

Having said that, I do stress to the kids that I work with, that the best musicianship comes from the ability to read notation along with the ability to play freely in an "ear trained" internalized manner. I feel pretty blessed that I am able to do what I do with the talent that God has given me. I do, however, wish I had taken the time to learn to read music.

God Bless,
Don

Keymusic education has always been very traditional in europe, read the notes and play them...

It took me years to learn to play by ear, which made things a lot more fun however, and thats one of the things i love about todays keyboard lessons.... They learn to read notes, and play by ear at the same time.. Thats a huge jump... They also learn to play both typical arranger style, for quick results and fun as piano style...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#393329 - 09/17/14 12:32 AM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: Bachus]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Originally Posted By: Bachus
If someone would not need any vocal Harmony, the price difference between PSR750 and 950 is huge..... I asume the S750 would be the smarter choice..

Anyone experience with the S750? And what about the S650?

I am looking for an arranger to fit some ten year old kids that are serious about learning to make music, they are going to take lessons and have obviously outgrown the PSR E series...

For a sub €1000 arranger, the only alternatives are PA600, Pa300 and the KB5... And then there is the Casio stuff.. Anyone got any advice?

Although pa 600 and 300 (sounds and punchiness) are quite good , styles and right hand voices, 750 wins.

But the bigger part /gain is style library and unlimited access to tens of thousands of free and some quality styles.

Korg's style programming ( except for unplugged styles and afew) is poor in general . Sound/seq editing is great. But styles wise, Yamaha still win.

There are free converted new korg PA styles for yamaha. Not the othewY atone due to megavoice tech.

#393330 - 09/17/14 02:04 AM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: jamman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: jamman
Originally Posted By: Bachus
If someone would not need any vocal Harmony, the price difference between PSR750 and 950 is huge..... I asume the S750 would be the smarter choice..

Anyone experience with the S750? And what about the S650?

I am looking for an arranger to fit some ten year old kids that are serious about learning to make music, they are going to take lessons and have obviously outgrown the PSR E series...

For a sub €1000 arranger, the only alternatives are PA600, Pa300 and the KB5... And then there is the Casio stuff.. Anyone got any advice?

Although pa 600 and 300 (sounds and punchiness) are quite good , styles and right hand voices, 750 wins.

But the bigger part /gain is style library and unlimited access to tens of thousands of free and some quality styles.

Korg's style programming ( except for unplugged styles and afew) is poor in general . Sound/seq editing is great. But styles wise, Yamaha still win.

There are free converted new korg PA styles for yamaha. Not the othewY atone due to megavoice tech.

I think in the case of PA600 vs S750 the difference in sound quality is arguable, i personally think the T5 sounds better then the Pa3X, thats because of the new effects section, SA2 voices, organ world, ensemble voices...

But, where the S750 does not have all those features of its bigger brother, there PA600 has most of what makes the pa3x such a great instrument... Soundwise these 2 instruments might be equalls... With some sounds better on PA, others better on S750.. And if you laod the musikant expansion intoo the PA600, its just as suited for european folk music as teh S750..

Personally, i think korg styles and S750 styles are on the same level, most of them sound great... And there is a set of 1100 converted Yamaha sounds to Pa600 format, and growing by the minute...

On top of that the PA600 has
- better keybed
- touchsreen
- its a beast for crating and controlling your own sounds
- markers and a loop option in the sequencer
- chord sequencer
And more...

The only strong point of the S750, is that every sound gets its own insert effects.. And in the PA600 they need to share 4 master effects..

So why would i still advice the S750 to my sister and her kids? Because it requires less tinkering and allows for more playing, on top of that the arranger function is more forgiving on the S750..

I have come to the conclusion, that both are awesome instruments that give a lot of bang for the buck, and both have all the ingredients to enjoy playing music in various ways, as long as you dont want to sing and just want to play the keys both instruments might serve you for at least a decade..

#393335 - 09/17/14 07:36 AM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Hi Bachus,

Where can you download these 1100 converted Yamaha sounds to Pa600 format?

#393337 - 09/17/14 08:07 AM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN
Hi Bachus,

Where can you download these 1100 converted Yamaha sounds to Pa600 format?

http://www.performersheaven.com/index.ph...727&lang=en

there is about 1100 styles and lots of sounds in the set, according to many, most of them are somehow Yamaha related despite the owner claiming the opposite because of copy protection and such.... many however are user created Yamaha styles

seems however Korg is out of stock for PA600 currently in the Netherlands... same as for the Kronos X88... and they don't know if they will ever get another supply

Edited by Bachus (09/17/14 08:09 AM)

#393338 - 09/17/14 08:14 AM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Thanks

Yes I had the same problem with the XW p1 and bought it at musicstore.de for only 300 Euro

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online