SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#393264 - 09/15/14 09:18 AM Re: Got a Request for this song last night.... [Re: Walt Tenay]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Walt ... I LOVE the bossa version ... thank you ...

For what it is worth, here is what wiki had on this tune:
"When October Goes" is a ballad based on a lyric Johnny Mercer had written but did not complete. It was matched up to a melody by Barry Manilow and published in 1984, becoming one of the top Adult Contemporary hits of that year in the United States.

In his last year, as he was dying from brain cancer, Mercer became extremely fond of Manilow, in part because Manilow's first hit record was of a song titled "Mandy," which was also the name of Mercer's daughter. After Mercer's death, his widow, Ginger Mehan Mercer, arranged to give some unfinished lyrics he had written to Manilow to possibly develop into complete songs. Among these was "When October Goes." Manilow applied his own melody to the lyric and issued it as a single in 1984.[1] The song has since been recorded by Kevin Mahogany,[2] Rosemary Clooney, Nancy Wilson and Megon McDonough. Thomas Anders (of Modern Talking fame) recorded his version in 1997 on the album Live Concert. Recently, Lea Salonga performed the song on her album Inspired.

#393265 - 09/15/14 09:19 AM Re: Got a Request for this song last night.... [Re: Dnj]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
This is why I love this forum so much. I always get a jewel of a tip or idea or in this case a new beautiful tune to add to my song list.

Thank you so much for all the things you guys do.

-Jim

#393268 - 09/15/14 09:30 AM Re: Got a Request for this song last night.... [Re: salsaman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: salsaman
This is why I love this forum so much. I always get a jewel of a tip or idea or in this case a new beautiful tune to add to my song list.

Thank you so much for all the things you guys do.

-Jim

Jim would love to hear your rendition sometime also of this classic tune........... headphone

#393286 - 09/15/14 02:28 PM Re: Got a Request for this song last night.... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Walt ... I LOVE the bossa version ... thank you ...

I also meant to mention the musical 'interlude' of "Autumn Leaves" in the bossa version ... nice touch ...

#393290 - 09/15/14 03:34 PM Re: Got a Request for this song last night.... [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Back in the 80's I was a back up singer for Barry and I sang back up on that track one of my favorite songs. I do all the time. I am thinking of covering it soon .

Ron

It is a great track.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online