SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#393143 - 09/12/14 01:13 PM A Very Important piece of gear I always have ...
Dnj Offline

I spent $1.02 in Home depot for this very important piece of gear I carry on all gigs!!......yes ladies and gents The RUBBER Door Stop !!!
I saves my butt every time,......if you ever been to a gig and then find out that where your setting up has a floor that is so Off Level sometimes over an inch or more it ain't funny making your KB rock back & forth? surprised .......
Well my best friend the Rubber Door Stop fixes it every time!! wink ...

Don't leave Home without it!! cool2

Attachments
20140912_135832.jpg

#393144 - 09/12/14 01:17 PM Re: A Very Important piece of gear I always have ... [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great idea, Donny.

Ian

#393145 - 09/12/14 01:22 PM Re: A Very Important piece of gear I always have ... [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Great idea, Donny.

Ian

Thanx little and very effective,I just keep it in the keyboard bag zippered pocket....I just used it on this afternoons gig, ...floor was almost an inch off level as shown in pic, confused2 We'll see what tonight's dinner dance stage floor brings.. keys

#393151 - 09/12/14 03:08 PM Re: A Very Important piece of gear I always have ... [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Donny,

I know your an Android user.

I have this free app. Give it a try, it will help you with setting up your keyboard.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.androgames.level&hl=en

Regards,

Jerryghr

#393152 - 09/12/14 03:37 PM Re: A Very Important piece of gear I always have ... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Jerry....kool thanx buddy!

#393154 - 09/12/14 03:46 PM Re: A Very Important piece of gear I always have ... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, not only do I carry a rubber door stop in my bag, but my most important accessory is my 7-inch Turbo fan. It's the very first thing to come off the cart and get plugged in and last thing that's unplugged. Never leave home without it. In fact, it never goes into the house. I have a pair of them - just in case. BTW: you tipped me off about the fan 15 years ago, Donny.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (09/12/14 03:51 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#393165 - 09/13/14 05:45 AM Re: A Very Important piece of gear I always have ... [Re: Dnj]
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Loc: New Castle Indiana USA
I use the door stops in a different way! I have then at the back of my keyboard stand! They are fastened to the stand and let my keyboard (psr s710) tilt up so I can see the screen better! Just and Idea, hope it helps somebody that does not have a Tyros with the screen that tilts!

#393168 - 09/13/14 06:46 AM Re: A Very Important piece of gear I always have ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Donny, not only do I carry a rubber door stop in my bag, but my most important accessory is my 7-inch Turbo fan. It's the very first thing to come off the cart and get plugged in and last thing that's unplugged. Never leave home without it. In fact, it never goes into the house. I have a pair of them - just in case. BTW: you tipped me off about the fan 15 years ago, Donny.

Gary cool

Hi Gary Yes I will not perform without my trusty fan at mi side..I now use a O2 Cool 8" fan....I like it because it fold up and fits in my wire case, & can be used with AC adapter or batteries also 2 speeds, tilting angles also.

http://www.mycoolingstore.com/o2-cool-8-energy-efficient-fan.html#.VBRKQ_ldXA4

Attachments
yhst-136372476553304_2272_62355045.jpg

Edited by Dnj (09/13/14 06:47 AM)

#393171 - 09/13/14 07:43 AM Re: A Very Important piece of gear I always have ... [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
How different we can be... smile

Guys, complain about more gear to carry, and then you carry every gadget possible.. crazy

I have never used a fan on a job..I don't like any fan blowing on me...results vary, but maybe those stiff neck and sore backs can be traced to the fan.. wink
I worked with a female that always used a fan, no matter how ugly it looked, clamped where ever it could be mounted smirk

Door stop.....yeah right..You know they sell adjustable oblong feet for those cheap, and cheap looking X stands.. grin

One more advantage for Apex stands, and V-stands... cool

No hauling padded chairs, fans, Laptop and ipad stands,, tip jars, cup holders,music readers with pedals to change pages, confused

Just my 46 pound keyboard, my 18 pound V-stand, and my preferred 70 pound Cube amp grin

#393172 - 09/13/14 07:48 AM Re: A Very Important piece of gear I always have ... [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
How different we can be... smile

Guys, complain about more gear to carry, and then you carry every gadget possible.. crazy

I have never used a fan on a job..I don't like any fan blowing on me...results vary, but maybe those stiff neck and sore backs can be traced to the fan.. wink
I worked with a female that always used a fan, no matter how ugly it looked, clamped where ever it could be mounted smirk

Door stop.....yeah right..You know they sell adjustable oblong feet for those cheap, and cheap looking X stands.. grin

One more advantage for Apex stands, and V-stands... cool

No hauling padded chairs, fans, Laptop and ipad stands,, tip jars, cup holders,music readers with pedals to change pages, confused

Just my 46 pound keyboard, my 18 pound V-stand, and my preferred 70 pound Cube amp grin

Fran don't forget the Forklift to carry all those Anchors surprised ....lol

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online