SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#391122 - 07/24/14 06:06 AM Midi Alesis SR16 to Tyros 4
underdog Offline

Hi.Can anyone please tell me how to setup an Alesis SR16 drum machine to midi to my Yamaha Tyros 4 to automatically be able to follow all the different styles when changed on the keyboard. It wouldn't really matter if it just stayed on one drumkit for all styles. Thank you

#391191 - 07/26/14 01:19 AM Re: Midi Alesis SR16 to Tyros 4 [Re: underdog]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
If you set it to receive on channel 10 it will receive the drum midi data. But the kit would have to exactly match the kit being used by the style on the Tyros. You may have to setup a new kit that does ie. kick is the same note on both, snare is the same note on both etc. It will take some work but you can do it. Just curious why do you want to use the SR16 rather than the Tyros kits?

#391197 - 07/26/14 09:13 AM Re: Midi Alesis SR16 to Tyros 4 [Re: Nigel]
underdog Offline

Thank you Nigel.I had tried connecting both via midi and changing different setups in the Alesis,but most of the time the drums not match.
Funny,I had connected a Ketron SD1 via midi to the Tyros, set to receive on channel 10 only and it matched most styles perfectly.
I would like to use this to be able to set the drums sounds independent of the other sounds in the Tyros and be able to pan the snare and bass drums to different channels on my mixer.
Perhaps I have overlooked something in the Tyros 4,but I cannot see any way of editing the drum kits.(separate volumes for different drums sounds)I already take the bass guitar out separately and the effects doesn't seem to work if you take any more separate outputs. Thank you.

#392933 - 09/09/14 01:24 AM Re: Midi Alesis SR16 to Tyros 4 [Re: underdog]
Beemer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Underdog,

Were you aware that Yamaha made two DVDs showing advanced techniques for their SR16? I wrote to Yamaha UK and they sent them to me.

Sorry but my SR16 has been lying unused for so long that I have forgotten any of its advanced programming.

Ian (Tyros 5/76)

Edited by Beemer (09/09/14 01:25 AM)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online