SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#392860 - 09/08/14 05:04 AM Kids don't want Arranger KB's.................
Dnj Offline

#392862 - 09/08/14 05:13 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: Dnj]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
very tasty !! looks like a lot of fun. the dance club/DJ market must be salivating over this . But it does noty in any way compete with a keyboard instrucmnet in terns of creating orginal non dance music. I would love to see how comnplex chortds could be played fluently on something like this :-)

but still for the right price I would buy one.

#392863 - 09/08/14 05:20 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: spalding1968]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
very tasty !! looks like a lot of fun. the dance club/DJ market must be salivating over this . But it does noty in any way compete with a keyboard instrucmnet in terns of creating orginal non dance music. I would love to see how comnplex chortds could be played fluently on something like this :-)

but still for the right price I would buy one.

That's my point,.... let's be honest ... "KIDS" today don't have a need for what an Arranger KB offers,......the DEMO is whats happening out there in the real world for the younger crowds..& don't forget the talent it takes to create those beats & put it all together song after song on a gig.. I Know the "Elders" here will scoff at the thought .........but we had our time,.....now it's theirs.. cool2

#392871 - 09/08/14 08:09 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: Dnj]
KORG80 Offline

Sorry Donny, but I'm a big time scoffer. This so called club music is nothing but rehashed "trance music". The one chord based bassline goes no where musically. If this is the future of music we' in trouble big time. Us old guys will have to soldier on and keep playing decent music with chord structures and interesting melodies.

Chords, rhythm and melody are the rudiments of any style of music whether it's pop, country, jazz, classical or any of the many great genres of music. This machine and what it produces is only one part of the equation, RHYTHM. This box is just a glorified beat box to produce bump and grind music for hedonistic young people.

Although I'd love to be young again. Heaven forbid I should have grown up in this modern generation. This technology is great but it is based on the fact that music can only be enjoyed by dancing. What about the awesome power of music to soothe your soul? Listening to music occurs far more often than dancing to it.

If this is the future of music I can't help but think of the line in Don McLean's "American Pie"..............
"THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED".
Sorry for the rant but music is so important to me that I had to add my 50 cents worth.

God Bless,
Don

#392872 - 09/08/14 08:37 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: KORG80]
Bachus Offline

I have been telling everyone for years now, that if they recreate the arranger in an ableton like fashion, and add some knobs ( how they are missing ) kids will love the new version of arrangers...

Tell that to the designers...

I am a big fan of ableton myself, and it would work very well together with the main feature of arrangers.... Mellody lines following realtime chord choices...

Playing mellodies on these pads is just a thing of fashion, keys with aftertouch allow offcourse for much more expression..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#392873 - 09/08/14 08:39 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: KORG80]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: KORG80
If this is the future of music I can't help but think of the line in Don McLean's "American Pie"..............
"THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED".
Sorry for the rant but music is so important to me that I had to add my 50 cents worth.
God Bless,
Don

Don I respect your opinion,......but it's a bit late to worry about it, it's ain't gonna change. Every generation has their own music,..what your hearing in the demo and in every dance club in the world......you may not agree with it or enjoy listening to it, but its here to stay, they are just expressing their feelings thru music as we did years ago. They have technology we did't have also to create with, Best part about it we can easily Zone it out by changing the channel.....or listening to our own music on so many devices, CD's, Mp3's, in any customized playlist we desire. maybe we don't quite understand when the message is.....but believe me millions of kids who buy hundreds of millions of songs every day surly do. Now where's my iPOD & Earphones headphone ....

#392875 - 09/08/14 08:48 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

I wonder if your concern, Donny, might be borne out of a fear that, as time goes by, your bread and butter market is dwindling. Well, it is. Not to worry, though, we all dwindle at the same rate, 24 hours per diem. So, that's you - and your audience, the whole 'bracket' moves along together. That includes tastes in music.

The kids will have fun in their own way, just as we did in our own way. No big deal. We'll carry on till we're done and enjoy it all. We can't concern ourselves with what the scene will be years down the road, we're not going to be part of it, anyway.

Keep smiling.

#392876 - 09/08/14 08:58 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: 124]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
I wonder if your concern, Donny, might be borne out of a fear that, as time goes by, your bread and butter market is dwindling. Well, it is. Not to worry, though, we all dwindle at the same rate, 24 hours per diem. So, that's you - and your audience, the whole 'bracket' moves along together. That includes tastes in music.

The kids will have fun in their own way, just as we did in our own way. No big deal. We'll carry on till we're done and enjoy it all. We can't concern ourselves with what the scene will be years down the road, we're not going to be part of it, anyway.

Keep smiling.

Dwindle? no way can't keep up at this point, and I like it like that,.......I planned way ahead for changing times, saw it happening many years ago when I went solo OMB 18 years ago after 25+ years with a 7 PC show band.... there is plenty of people ready for your musical Niche`,......just go find them and cater to their musical wishes, but you better have the "Goods" is all I can tell you now if you wanna make a living playing music. Change is fun embrace it. cool2

PS: My Quote of the day:

"A Buffet with all the "SAME FOOD" isn't going to bring people back to eat".............

Edited by Dnj (09/08/14 09:00 AM)

#392878 - 09/08/14 09:11 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

We know all this, Donny.

It just seems to be a recurring theme with you in various threads about how some perceived danger exists that somehow threatens the existence of arrangers. Not sure why that bothers you . . .

So "Kids don't want arranger KB's". I'm cool with that.

#392881 - 09/08/14 09:22 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
In my many years of selling and doing clinics with arrangers, very, very few young people bought them back then, and not much more buy the instruments today.

At one time, cheap Casio and Yamaha PSS keyboards were bought for youngsters (20 and under), but were mainly considered toys or at least, most never took them too seriously.

In my experience it has always been the older (over 30 ) player that usually invested in an arranger keyboard and it's the same today.

I didn't really start using one till I was around 30...before that, they weren't flexible or powerful enough to use as a performance keyboard.

I think the Karaoke/keyboard/SMF/MP3 and/or DJ'ing is the future as far as performers making any money for solo acts...other than the traditional singer/guitarist.

I'm just glad I retired and don't have to deal with all that silliness.

Now, I can just sit and play (or record) what I want on my Tyros4 and leave all that juggling to those who either like it, or need to do it, although I still take the occasional gig or recording job if the price is right.

Ian

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online