SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#392882 - 09/08/14 09:40 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I think the Karaoke/keyboard/SMF/MP3 and/or DJ'ing is the future as far as performers making any money for solo acts...other than the traditional singer/guitarist.
I'm just glad I retired and don't have to deal with all that silliness.
Ian

I don't consider anything "SILLY" about musicians making a damm good living for themselves and their families with Karaoke/ keyboard/SMF/MP3 and/or DJ'ing as you put it.
Why not just respect their choices and respect what they do & how they do it? One part of what I do includes playing live arranger KB,...I'm glad I have the ability to utilize that tool as a backup to my Singing amongst all the others tools I have..

#392886 - 09/08/14 09:47 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I don’t suppose creating beat grooves requires much in the way of music theory, or playing a traditional instrument. So, these kids make it to their 25th or 50th class reunion. Wonder what they would prefer to listen to, then, over dinner, with all the grey hair around?

#392887 - 09/08/14 09:51 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: 124]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: 124

It just seems to be a recurring theme with you in various threads about how some perceived danger exists that somehow threatens the existence of arrangers. Not sure why that bothers you . . .

Here's why.

"Provocateur definition, a person who provokes trouble, causes dissension, or the like; agitator"

-also-

"One who creates controversy for it's own sake"

One way to combat this is to simply not respond. They depend on you getting riled up to keep the pot stirred, boost their post count, and maintain there 'imagined' relevance.

chas

#392891 - 09/08/14 10:07 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well said, Chas...I noticed the recent increase in topics, that were discussed ad nauseam long ago.

The Karaoke/keyboard/singer performers are a dying breed...they have to resort to DJ'ing to manage to stay on stage.

As I said earlier, I'm glad to be away from needing to perform beyond how I want to play.

It's becoming a circus act on stage...and actual keyboard playing seems to be less and less important to some.

Ian

#392892 - 09/08/14 10:10 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: Dnj]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I can see an entertainer who doesn't know better and the public calling this CHIT music, but a supposedly real musician referring to this CHIT as music really baffles me. I can only assume they are an entertainer and no where near a true musician. Oh Rap is called music too. Ha ha. I'm throwing my hands in the air. I give up! What's the use.

#392894 - 09/08/14 10:46 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: Dnj]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
" Ha ha. I'm throwing my hands in the air. ....."

And wave them like you just don't care ! &#128521;

I'm just going to practise beat boxing now and we have the makings of another rap song &#128516; .

I think that these new forms of instrument certainly require a different discipline and quite possibly you could make quite extensive types of music other than just beats and loops. I think you could play some interesting chords and lead lines although they would lack the expression ordinary keyboards would facilitate. But there has always been a market for this kind of music and that has never been the one man band market and probably never will be. So for most of the people on this board there is nothing to worry about carry on as usual &#128521;

#392900 - 09/08/14 11:19 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Agreed, Chas and Ian. The 'this-is-dying-gotta-adapt' merry-go-round has gotten really tired on here. Abstention on the subject from now on.

#392921 - 09/08/14 05:52 PM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#392922 - 09/08/14 07:46 PM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I am happy to say that while all 4 of my grandchildren listen to today's "top 40", two of them are seriously studying music - one has played trumpet and is studying piano, the second has played stand up bass, and is studying alto sax ... and both are interested in JAZZ !!! ... so in OUR family at least, what I consider REAL music lives ... and the music programs in both their schools - one in NY and the other in RI - are EXCELLENT ...

#392934 - 09/09/14 03:51 AM Re: Kids don't want Arranger KB's................. [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Yes, there's plenty of kids that still play traditional instruments and enjoy a variety of music. Electronic dance music is just one of many styles popular today. There is nothing wrong with these one chord ,non melodic, rhythm driven songs. I guess they are fun for kids to dance to. But I think there will always be a audience for music the has pretty melodies and harmonies.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online