SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#392778 - 09/06/14 11:45 AM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I rarely use a second keyboard, but when I want full 88 note weighted action, I just midi a Yamaha P-85 to my Tyros4. I tend to use the Tyros4's sounds although the P-85 has a nice piano as well.

It's only when I want to do full piano backed pieces, and nothing but 88 weighted/graded hammer action will suffice...76 semi-weighted just doesn't feel right to my fingers for piano pieces.

Ian

#392781 - 09/06/14 12:55 PM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Rustykeys]
Dnj Offline

Here is one of my Favorite Arranger Duos... cool2

#392782 - 09/06/14 01:02 PM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Graham,

Nice set up!

I was able to download your photo to my Mac and the orientation was portrait. I used Photobucket to upload it and orientation should look OK now.

#392783 - 09/06/14 01:05 PM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
BTW. Graham ... I love the wall piece ...

#392784 - 09/06/14 01:10 PM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Bachus, most of us have, at least at one time in our lives, had stacked keyboards. And, for the most part, those of us that have been there and done that will never, ever go back to that configuration again. Fortunately, today's arranger keyboards, MOTL and TOTL have everything we need in a single package.

I could be wrong, though, wink

Gary cool

Currently i am set up with just a T5 ( i traded it, with some extra money for my PA3x last week)

Oh yes... I am really enjoying my T5 right now, i fell in love with the possibilities of the ensemble voices... Its so much fun... Yet i bought the T5, knowing that there eventually would be a big 88 key brother.. But i have learned from the past, that one of the things i like, and the main reason i change keyboards a lot, is the fact that i just love discovering new features and learning how to tame the new beast.. And lately i have accepted this fact... Not being a gigging musician makes it quite easy to change keyboards.

Bachus, Do you miss the Pa3x? I have a Pa3x and the T5 and as much as I like the T5, not sure I could do without the Pa3x. Some days I'll sit at the T5 and think WOW what an arranger, then the next day I play the Pa3x and think why haven't I been playing this beast in a few days? If I had to give one up the decision would be difficult.

#392785 - 09/06/14 01:11 PM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Here is one of my Favorite Arranger Duos... cool2

Now we both know Susan makes that duo smile

#392795 - 09/06/14 02:22 PM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Bachus]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Thanks guys. Stephen, I clearly need a Mac!

#392802 - 09/06/14 04:33 PM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Stephenm52]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Bachus, most of us have, at least at one time in our lives, had stacked keyboards. And, for the most part, those of us that have been there and done that will never, ever go back to that configuration again. Fortunately, today's arranger keyboards, MOTL and TOTL have everything we need in a single package.

I could be wrong, though, wink

Gary cool

Currently i am set up with just a T5 ( i traded it, with some extra money for my PA3x last week)

Oh yes... I am really enjoying my T5 right now, i fell in love with the possibilities of the ensemble voices... Its so much fun... Yet i bought the T5, knowing that there eventually would be a big 88 key brother.. But i have learned from the past, that one of the things i like, and the main reason i change keyboards a lot, is the fact that i just love discovering new features and learning how to tame the new beast.. And lately i have accepted this fact... Not being a gigging musician makes it quite easy to change keyboards.

Bachus, Do you miss the Pa3x? I have a Pa3x and the T5 and as much as I like the T5, not sure I could do without the Pa3x. Some days I'll sit at the T5 and think WOW what an arranger, then the next day I play the Pa3x and think why haven't I been playing this beast in a few days? If I had to give one up the decision would be difficult.

Its just been a week, and i have been so busy that i even would not have missed the misses if she would have moved back to the monster in law...

I never regret making decisions, they are not allways wise, but you just cant change them back... And while i seriously want two keybeds, i dont see any need for two arrangers...

So what do i miss from the Pa3x? Synthsounds and pads, chordsequencer and some of my favourite styles ( but i am converting them to the T5 ) ..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#392803 - 09/06/14 05:24 PM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Bachus]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
That little lady makes daddy proud...daddy's no slouch, either.

I'm probably the one around here who intentionally uses multiple keys each job; especially when music people are part of the audience.

Part of the deal is sort of pathetic showmanship. It's like when I was playing only guitar, I used a double neck, a jazz box, a Fender Tele, a nylon string, a tenor banjo and sometimes more. Of course, this was a house job.

Now, if it is more than just an hour "in and out", I use a jazz box, a nylon string, a primary keyboard, a digital piano on my left hand and a synth on top; one good for playing left hand bass.

I like to change the mix so that I sound slightly different
on different nights, or for different kinds of audiences.

Truth is, I only know 4 songs on each instrument, so I have to lug lots of stuff around.

Russ

#392813 - 09/07/14 06:07 AM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Bachus]
scameron Offline

Gents...when i gig with my duo i use a pa900 and a psr 910...when i do a jazz solo gig i use my pa900 with my mox8 or vr09...both rigs have great possiblities - just depends on the event type....stevec

mox8, pa900, psr 910, dgx 650, microarranger and vr09

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online