SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39257 - 02/02/07 12:09 PM Tornado's In Central Florida
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I hope our friends in central Florida are OK. Does anyone have any update ?

#39258 - 02/02/07 01:54 PM Re: Tornado's In Central Florida
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bernie I emailed two people down there this morning and have not heard from them yet..

#39259 - 02/02/07 03:01 PM Re: Tornado's In Central Florida
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Although the tornados missed us here in Leesburg, it did heavy damage just north of us in Lady Lake, where the last Synth Jam was, and to the east at Deland. Nineteen people have lost their lives at last count, with thousands homeless and/or without power. This is a good time for prayers for the survivors and your support of the Red Cross with donations of blood and/or money.

#39260 - 02/02/07 05:04 PM Re: Tornado's In Central Florida
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
The tornadoes were well north of us here in Melbourne. We had some severe weather in the county but not anything like that.

It was especially bad coming in the middle of the night when people had no warning and were asleep. So sad to see the pictures of destruction and hear of the deaths.

Marilyn

#39261 - 02/02/07 07:51 PM Re: Tornado's In Central Florida
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Heather Cox lives in LEES BURGH. HAS ANYONE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH HER?
bEBOP

#39262 - 02/03/07 01:06 AM Re: Tornado's In Central Florida
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I e-mailed her this morning. Will post a reply when I hear.
Bernie

#39263 - 02/03/07 09:30 AM Re: Tornado's In Central Florida
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Just had an email from Heather - she is OK - the tornado hit about 2-3 miles North of her location..........

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#39264 - 02/03/07 10:46 AM Re: Tornado's In Central Florida
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Prior to selecting Aiken, South Carolina for our new home, Marg and I looked at Lady Lake. A lovely quaint town but Aiken was our choice. Someone is watching out for us.

Florida has taken the hit the last few years and many are moving away.

Good to hear that our friends are safe and our prayers go out to those in distress.

Fran in SC

#39265 - 02/03/07 11:13 AM Re: Tornado's In Central Florida
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
We have been seriously contemplating buying into the Villages at Lady Lake for the last 5 years for our retirement that starts next year, when Jann retires.
We were concerned about that location because of the even worst Tornado they had in Central Florida in 1998 that I understand was the worst this country has had with 42 killed.
Jann SEZ that we have just changed our mind.
Fran, count yourself lucky. I am sure that many more will be moving away now also.
Sad but true.
Happy to hear Heather is ok.
Best to all
Bebop

#39266 - 02/04/07 01:16 PM Re: Tornado's In Central Florida
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Bebop, you shouldn't let one tornado dictate where you'll retire to.The sad fact is that disasters can happen anywhere, at any time. You couldn't get me to move to California because of the earthquakes, but relatives that live there don't want to move away, either. Go figure! Actually, you would love it here if Florida, living in The Villages. There is always something going on, and the area is one of the best in Florida. If you happened to see the news footage, the new homes in The Villages sustained minimal damage, but the mobile homes and manufactured homes were hit hard. All new homes in the area are built to withstand hurricane force winds and the folks from our church that live in The Villages came through the tornado with slight or no damage. One thing for sure, your home will cost a lot less than a comparable one in California. And, we'll be right proud to welcome you to your new home.When you get settled in, you can take me to Katie Belles for dinner.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online