SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55395 - 10/25/03 06:19 PM Sound DSP
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hello:

When pressing and holding down any one of the Multi, Reverb or Chorus buttons another window pops ups where one can find the 10 user memory effects for each.

When I go to single load an "Effect Memory". I see four types, Multi, Reverb, Chorus and SOUND DSP.

I can not locate where the Sound DSP 20 user effects are located that the single effects can copy to.

Does anyone know where it is?

Oh! No window pops up when pressing and holding down the digital effects button.

To single load an effect memory, you need a to have a technics format effects file.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 10-25-2003).]

#55396 - 02/14/04 11:02 AM Re: Sound DSP
AnthonyCian Offline

Hello:

I never got a response and bringing this up again. I tried and tried but can not locate where the 20 user Sound DPS effects go when loaded from disk using the *.efc file.

(When using the single load, make sure you have a *.efc file. Scroll through the mode, until Effect Memory shows, choose the Sound DPS Bank, you will have 20 different user Types. Ditto on the instrument side.)

This is on the PR804, the KN7000 may handle this differently. However, I can load a KN7000 *.efc file, save it as a PR804 file, then I can use the single effects load function and load the user effects from the disk to the PR. It does actually give 20 user locations on the disk and on the PR. When I go to the PR, to find these effects, I can't find them. Where are these effects hiding? Excuse me, located at...

Can someone please shed some light on this?

AnthonyCian

#55397 - 02/14/04 12:35 PM Re: Sound DSP
technicsplayer Offline

If you select an effect and press edit you can tailor the parameters and save it in a user memory slot shown in the screen. If you select an effect and scroll down to Effect Memory that is where the user effects are found. Thus Chorus, Multi, Reverb have 10 user memories each and DSP has 20. Thus the effect memory file contains all these 50 user settings.
Digital Effect is applied in the sound edit and is a different animal in that respect.

#55398 - 02/14/04 01:02 PM Re: Sound DSP
AnthonyCian Offline

Thanks TechnicsPlayer for the response.

I understand the efc file contains all 50 user effects. I can find 30 of the 50 user effects on the instrument, Reverb, Chorus and Multi. What I can not find are the 20 user Sound DPS effects. As you said, this is a different animal and probably why I can't locate these.

I will go to SOUND EDIT > EFFECT > second page. ( By the way the, Multi Effect Button on the instrument is off). I will scroll through the GROUPS hoping and expecting to find the USER GROUP, but it's not there.

Do you know where the 20 Sound DPS are located, if so, please show me where?

Thanks,

AnthonyCian

#55399 - 02/14/04 01:34 PM Re: Sound DSP
technicsplayer Offline

There are 20 user dsps under the sound dsp button not digital effect. As I've tried to explain the digital effect is a completely different format because contained within the sound edit. Thus you cannot load a user dsp into digital effect. I haven't got an 804 here now but if my memory is correct it does not have a sound dsp button.

#55400 - 02/14/04 03:41 PM Re: Sound DSP
AnthonyCian Offline

Interesting...

It's all coming together now. You memory servers you correctly, there is no sound dsp button. And I think I know what's happening.

From the Screen:

1. The PR804 is able to take an efc file is capable of getting the Sound DPS BANK from the file, left side. Scrolling from Reverb, Multi and Chorus.

2. The PR804 also shows the Sound DPS BANK on the right side, the "TO".

3. The PR804 can scroll to the 20 user effect types, from the file and also "TO" the PR804. You can see it plain as day.

4. Pick the User Effect from the file, set the "TO" effect where you want it to go.

5. Press Load. The PR804 screen blinks a little, and now the effect that was on the file, shows it in the "TO" instrument side.

This is where everything went to a halt. Since the PR804 doesn't have the Sound DSP button, where did it go? Thus the confusion. It's like building a road having all the signs informing you are on the right track. And then suddenly the road ends. Why have the process of retrieving a user Sound DSP on file, if the instrument doesn't have a place for it?

Gosh Oh mighty...

Anthony

#55401 - 02/15/04 06:15 AM Re: Sound DSP
technicsplayer Offline

The 804 has it's processor and memory power divided into different areas for differing functions compared to the keyboard; 7k has a sound dsp section, 804 has surround output for example, 7k has custom, 804 has progressive piano, they are different beasts for different riders

ASSUMING the 804 has no sound dsp section available within the menus (I can't check at the moment) which seems probable without a button on the panel, perhaps the save/load code was retained for simplicity and compatibility with the 7k but the sound dsp single should just have been blanked on the 804?

#55402 - 02/15/04 09:54 AM Re: Sound DSP
AnthonyCian Offline

Thanks for clearing up the mystery. I have another mystery for you, on a separate post.

Thanks again... Anthony

#392498 - 08/31/14 10:56 AM Re: Sound DSP [Re: AnthonyCian]
designserve Offline

Loc: Wales, UK
Hello Gents,

Your post is from a very long time ago! I hope you're still around.

I have a page where I've described the .efc file. However, raeding your post leads me to believe that I've got all the information wrong!

Can you take a quick look and comment here letting me know your thoughts?

http://technicskn7000.com/technics-instruments/technics-file-types/kn7000-file-efc/

Thank you,
Mike
https://wsa1.technicskeyboards.com/
KN7000 KN6500 KN6000 KN5000 KN3000 KN2600 KN2000 KN1000 KN901 KN800 P50 WSA1 AX7 GA3 PR804 Liverpool Tyros 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online