SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#391923 - 08/16/14 06:12 PM Copying a SD Card.
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi to All,

I seemed to forgot how to copy a sd card with Technics names of songs. These files were once midi and changed over to the NX instruments and saved in the Technics format.

When copying file the number of the file comes up and not the name. I remember there was a program developed by someone where you could copy the files and change names etc.

This is for a KN2600.

Thanks in advance for any help

Walt Tenay

#391924 - 08/16/14 07:01 PM Re: Copying a SD Card. [Re: Walt Tenay]
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi Walt,I think you are looking for Fred's SDExplorer which was made for KN7000 but should work fine on the KN2600 .the old Keeso site is now closed but if you go on Google the link may come up as "mellink.info/SDExplorer/" I think the links on that page still get through to Fred.
Good luck John.

#391930 - 08/16/14 08:29 PM Re: Copying a SD Card. [Re: Walt Tenay]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Walt, I've lost your phone number. If you want, I'll call you and walk you through it. If so, send me an email with your Phone Number.

You can use your computer with Windows Explorer, and copy the PRIVATE folder from the original SD to the destination SD. You must copy the entire Private folder. Don't try to drag and drop individual files.

#391970 - 08/17/14 01:15 PM Re: Copying a SD Card. [Re: Bob Hendershot]
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi Bob and John

Thanks for the info. I cant believe after being with Technics so long that I forgot how to do this.

Anyway we figured it out after reviewing your responses, thanks to all.

Walt

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online