SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#391957 - 08/17/14 09:24 AM Re: Don Mason made me do it!... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Billy, there are not many things I have not done in this life. While the ride has sometimes been rough, it has also been exhilarating. My wife often tells folks that our marriage of 52 years has been anything but boring. We all wish things could go on forever, but we also are keenly aware that forever does not exist.

Thanks again for the well-wishes, and I'll try to keep everyone abreast of the situation,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#391963 - 08/17/14 11:32 AM Re: Don Mason made me do it!... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary my dear friend, that's where we differ. I'm firmly convinced that we will live forever and that this short life is merely a trial run for whatever is next!
Thanks for the phone call!
I may be a jazz artist in my next time around.

#391964 - 08/17/14 11:43 AM Re: Don Mason made me do it!... [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
DonM are you really that thick? You know there's no money whatsoever in Jazz. I'm coming back with a Guitar, Denims cowboy boots and a neck connected harmonica, and singing like Kenny Rogers. I'll even consider surgery to get that gravel voice.

#391980 - 08/17/14 06:04 PM Re: Don Mason made me do it!... [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I LOVE Boo.

#391983 - 08/17/14 06:27 PM Re: Don Mason made me do it!... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

If you're right, Don, I want to come back as ME. Damned I've had a lot of fun for the past 74 years, and if I can have 74 just like these, it's gonna be one Hell of a ride. smile

Gary cool

#392004 - 08/18/14 09:48 AM Re: Don Mason made me do it!... [Re: travlin'easy]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Gary. My friend, we have never met but have kept in touch for many years. I send best wishes to you from the UK.

Edited by Graham UK (08/18/14 09:48 AM)

#392006 - 08/18/14 10:15 AM Re: Don Mason made me do it!... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Graham. Yes, it has been many, many years. Maybe one day, hopefully in the not too distant future, I'll make another trip to the UK. I have not been there since 1958, and I'm confident that things have changed dramatically since then.

Yesterday, I got good news from the Cardiologist - no heart problems were seen during my nuclear stress test on Friday. I'm still pretty weak, I had to increase my beta blocker dosage to get my heart rate under control, and today, for the first time in two months, I fell like I can breathe a little better. Most testing to be done this coming week, including a full body cat scan and more blood work. If I feel up to it, I'm going to attempt to do a one hour NH job beginning tomorrow go through Friday, then take the weekend off. Might even go sailing if the weather permits. I can tell you that it's driving me insane to sit around the house and do virtually nothing physical other than type on the PC. I want to pull some weeds, mow the lawn, plant some flowers, fix the pond, drink some booze - you know, all the good things in life.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online