SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#391552 - 08/05/14 08:20 PM Re: Is the S950 the Last MOTL Arranger for Yamaha? [Re: ianmcnll]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I suspect Yamaha and Korg took up the slack left by Roland's lessening product line, so both companies are selling arrangers at a good pace.

Thing is, most people who own an arranger, use barely half of what it can do...and that includes some pros.

So adding new features, irregardless of brand, is always going to be carefully thought out by the designers...remember, PROFIT is the ultimate goal for all these companies.

Ian

Also let's not forget Technics and GEM they were the big arranger giants that were copied by KORG and Yamaha and were way ahead of their time, and probably some of the programmers went to work for the existing companies. And like you said KORG,Yamaha,Ketron, WERSI are mostly left taking up most of the slack, who knows maybe Roland will make a comeback?
I wish Yamaha made a little better quality on the PSR models but then again I guess you get what you pay?

#391558 - 08/06/14 06:29 AM Re: Is the S950 the Last MOTL Arranger for Yamaha? [Re: Dnj]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I posted links in another topic, but it's somewhat related to this topic to - about "what Yamaha is up to" ... That is, Yamaha recently released 3 *new* models of Electone/StageA organs. Supposedly with Tyros4/Tyros5 "stuff" in them. So they are very likely working on a new middle-of-the-line arranger too (successor to S950).

Jim

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online