SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#391564 - 08/06/14 11:30 AM Re: Your thoughts on what you like in digital pianos? [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus

This list is dated, the best current piano sounds are not on the list

Pianoteq4, ivory2, Nord Fazioli Grand, NI allicia keys, Kronos grand piano, the new Kawaii piano sounds... Etc etc etc

http://keyszone.boards.net

#391565 - 08/06/14 11:55 AM Re: Your thoughts on what you like in digital pianos? [Re: Mark79100]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I use a friend's Yamaha P-85 (it's in the studio) if I want the "piano experience"...it has MIDI so I just hook it up to my Tyros4 which has several pianos I like very much. I'm mainly looking for a good response to sound interaction and the P-85's graded hammer action delivers that very well indeed.

I have no use for 76-note semi-weighted actions for piano playing, as they just don't respond like a good weighted hammer action 88 note keybed...I suppose they can work in a pinch, but I like the full piano experience when I play solo piano, so the 88-note weighted is my first choice.

I'm also very fond of Roland's older digital piano actions, such as the Rotary Oil Damped SK-6, 88-note keyboard on the old Roland RD-300S we still use occasionally in the studio as an extra controller (its internal sounds are very dated but can sometimes be useful)...it doesn't use a hammer-type action, but it does feel super deluxe and smooth with just the right amount of resistance.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online