SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#363178 - 03/14/13 09:31 PM new Tyros4
judych Offline

Loc: Tasmania, Australia
hi everyone. sorry its been a while since i posted. theres been a lot going on here. Firstly, we were unable to fix our technics 6500 as it needed a new mothering board and we were unable to find a new one. We have the keyboard here now put away.
we bought ourselves a tyros4. have had it now for two weeks. Boy, its been like being pulled along the road behind a st. Bernard dog, with out feet off the ground, lol, but we are getting there. Weve been online an downloaded about 14oo styles ... and that has given us plenty to work with while we learn more about the keyboards workings. the sound is just magnificent. My hubbie was frustrated the first week as i knew he wanted to be able to master it straight away... but now he is loving it. we are both enjoying it so much, and so are the neighbours...lol. i will be back here more often as i have things i want to ask about the tyros... i just want to thank all of you who were helping us with the technics. we hope to upload some of our favorite styles from the technics into the tyros4. i believe this is possible?? has anyone done this ??

#369380 - 07/20/13 11:57 PM Re: new Tyros4 [Re: judych]
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
KN styles to Tyros 4 I do not think is possible, they are completely different formats. However somewhere on the net you can purchase conversions that do work.
Try http://www.stylediskwarehouse.com/intro.htm
Keith

#369385 - 07/21/13 02:04 AM Re: new Tyros4 [Re: judych]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If they are your own created Technics styles then you will need to convert them to the Yamaha format, and the only program I know that does this is Style works http://www.emc-musicsoftware.de/eng-shop/eng-dscstw.htm

If it’s the standard Technics styles then they have all been converted to Yamaha format and are free to download here http://psrtutorial.com/sty/keyboards/technics.html as well as other sites.

Hope this helps

Bill

#369618 - 07/27/13 03:48 PM Re: new Tyros4 [Re: abacus]
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
going to the yam OS from the Technics OS is the toughest thing I ever had to deal with. I had 6 or 7 models of technics through the kn7000 and when they folded I went to a tyros 2. Almost lost my mind until I could make it work smile
Hi Bill Abacus good to see you.
Bebop Bill Forrest

#369749 - 08/01/13 06:32 AM Re: new Tyros4 [Re: BEBOP]
Marty Dee Offline

Loc: The Villages, Fl
I agree about more difficult, I've recently added a Tyros4 to my KN7000 and the first 2 days were difficult as the previous owner had something screwed up with the left hand chords and acmp button. After setting to factory defaults correced problem. Seems like the owner manual is thin on operational info. Does anyone know about more extensive tutorial on the operation of the keyboard.

#371149 - 08/27/13 05:09 PM Re: new Tyros4 [Re: Marty Dee]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
For all of you struggling to understand the Yamaha keyboard system, I can thoroughly recommend the following website:-

www.yamahakeyboardplayers.com

It is run by a lady named Eileen Lowry who knows as much (if not more) than some of the tech guys at Yamaha. She also produces Instruction DVDs on how to use the Yam keyboards which are clear and easy to use. The best thing about them is, you can follow/rewind if you need to.
There is a wealth of information on this site - take a look. What can you lose?

Audrey

#391193 - 07/26/14 06:42 AM Re: new Tyros4 [Re: judych]
Elainehf Offline

Loc: Ocala, Florida
I have many KN styles on my Tyros 5 and use them quite a bit. The Epic ballad is not a good conversion. Haven't been able to find the original. Could probably email specific styles on request.

New to this forum so have not checked out PM availability.

Elaine

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online