SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#391102 - 07/23/14 09:24 AM Nigel...got some new toys!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Peerless guitars and Hendrickson amplifiers!

Peerless was the company that manufactured the imported Guild, Gretsch, PRS, Epiphone and other high quality imports.

A few years ago, they started selling their own branded instruments. I first saw them at Summer NAMM a few years ago.

I just got my Bird of Prey from Guitars n Jazz. For about a grand MSRP, it is far superior to a current production 335.

The amplifier isn't here yet, but may come today. It's got a 10", 23 pounds and 110 watts (160 with an 8 ohm extension).

Many major Jazz players are using it. Thinking of getting a 6 pound two pre-amp head.

This new stuff will be added to new Fender Superchamp speakers ( one 12, 80 watts, 8 ohms), a Fender semi-hollow Coronado just introduced (actually, re-introduced; I've got one of the originals), a Guild Starfire 111, a Roland Lucina and other new stuff I've already stored in the "black hole" that is my warehouse.

Also, I got a really neat little Kustom 5 watt tube head and 12" cabinet...GREAT for distorted guitar.

I'm looking at Eastwood guitars...boutique instruments for strange jazz guys, for sure, but my new friend, Lou, owner of Guitars n Jazz says they're GREAT.

Man, I'm hooked on toys. And, right now, music income is way more than needed to feed the habit.

Any new toys on your end?

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (07/23/14 09:27 AM)

#391111 - 07/23/14 02:38 PM Re: Nigel...got some new toys! [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Russ, be glad that you're not into sailboats - they cost a lot more than guitars. Believe me, I know! wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#391131 - 07/24/14 07:58 AM Re: Nigel...got some new toys! [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Gary, I AM into sailboats. It really breaks me up that there is no place in Kentucky to sail.

That's the one thing I really miss from my days in Biloxi.

Russ

#391161 - 07/24/14 11:36 PM Re: Nigel...got some new toys! [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
They sound fantastic Russ. You know I am a sucker for guitars and amps. No I haven't acquired any guitar gear recently. But I have been thinking about getting a Korg Kronos to use in the band to replace my aging Motif 6 ( classic ). The only thing I am not so sure about is having to use a touch screen on stage versus all the physical buttons my old Motif has that makes it easy to change banks and patches midway through songs.

The Bird Of Prey sounds great. Is it a semi hollow like a 335?

#391165 - 07/25/14 07:28 AM Re: Nigel...got some new toys! [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Offline

Yes, Nigel, It is semi-hollow. that's why i got it. the new Guild Starfire 111 is hollow (Read FEEEEEDBACK)!

The Hendrickson is fabulous for my style.

R.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online