SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#391032 - 07/22/14 04:30 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Mirza, those are priceless. Every one comes under the heading, "Wish I'd Said That". Can't wait to see Henni debunk each one....with a Biblical quote smile smile.

chas

#391034 - 07/22/14 04:37 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Another quote... eek

When the end of the world surely comes..we all will stand before judgement (God)...and we will all know the truth....I will try very hard not to smile smile...less I will be standing next to my atheist friends.. grin....Quote..Fran Carango

If I'm still here when the end of the world comes, I'll just be grateful that I was able to live that long......and that my retirement fund didn't run out.

chas

#391035 - 07/22/14 04:38 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: mirza]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi Chas and Russ,

All's well with me and my family. In fact, I'll be returning to Laos on August 30 and stay permanently. Hope you are doing great as well notwithstanding that you're all going to hell. Uh...so am I. We'll end up together after all and it doesn't even cost us a dime.

#391038 - 07/22/14 04:53 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: Fran Carango]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Here are some religious one too. that I like:

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
Dalai Lama

You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
Swami Vivekananda

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
Khalil Gibran

Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians - you are not like him.
Mahatma Gandhi

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
Napoleon Bonaparte

It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.
Helen Keller

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
Dalai Lama

Since many of you do not belong to the Catholic Church and others are non-believers, from the bottom of my heart I give this silent blessing to each and every one of you, respecting the conscience of each one of you but knowing that each one of you is a child of God.

Pope Francis

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.
Desmond Tutu

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#391040 - 07/22/14 04:57 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: mirza]
mirza Offline

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#391043 - 07/22/14 05:03 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: Taike]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I'll continue to pray that those of you who do not believe today will soften your heart and mind to respond the loving God who longs for you to come to Him!

#391045 - 07/22/14 05:12 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: cgiles]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks very much for your offer of prayer, Graham, but, speaking for myself, I don't need them.

Mirza, here is one of my favorite Hitchens videos...relatively short on length, but long on value and truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA55jGyq2C8#t=359

#391047 - 07/22/14 05:20 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: PraiseTheLord]
mirza Offline

I thank you my friend for your prayer.

But I do have to say this.If you really want people to pray for you,just tell them you don't believe in god.You are infidel.Thn everybody says they will pray for you, for your soul.Or......they are just going to do nothing, but still feel good about themself laugh

Ian, I love listening to Christopher Hitchens, also I read all books by Richard Dawkins.The thing is I like reading religious books too.I want to see and feel and learn from different perspective.I am not afraid to learn from it if I like something even if it came from religious book.

Talk about heaven and he'll

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

Edited by mirza (07/22/14 05:49 PM)

#391052 - 07/22/14 06:43 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: mirza]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: mirza

Ian, I love listening to Christopher Hitchens, also I read all books by Richard Dawkins.The thing is I like reading religious books too.I want to see and feel and learn from different perspective.I am not afraid to learn from it if I like something even if it came from religious book.

Talk about heaven and hell

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

Twain was an atheist as well...love his work too...sheer genius.

What pisses me off is when religious people preach the utter lunacy of HELL and HELL FIRE to little children...it has to have a serious detrimental effect on them, and I seriously consider it "child abuse" to frighten them with unproven superstition and fairy tales of eternal punishment for "sin".

Not to mention all their friends who were of different faiths that were destined for the devil's furnace...what an incredibly sick outlook on life for a kid to start with.

Of course, religions always try to "get 'em while they're young"...pretty awful, in my opinion.

Child abuse, plain and simple!

Ian

#391053 - 07/22/14 06:59 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: ianmcnll]
mirza Offline

My favorite quote about Sunday school:

A Sunday school is a prison in which children do penance for the evil conscience of their parents.
H. L. Mencken

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online