SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
Topic Options
#390954 - 07/22/14 07:33 AM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
My 9 year old came one day from school to tell me this.Her teacher told them if they believe in Santa Clause they also believe in baby Jesus.My daughter asked me if that is true.I told her to ask her teacher if she believes in Santa Clause?
She also told me that her friend from school told her if they say" o my god" , they are not gonna go to heaven.And that is what mom of the other girl told her.
Talk about brain washing and scaring little kids.Good thing kids learn fast and grow out of it ..And I can't believe there are teachers like this in our schools teaching our kids about this ...

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#390957 - 07/22/14 08:09 AM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: mirza]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
If you REALLY want the answer to the question of suffering, you can get more insight over here - although I seriously doubt that the atheists are sincere in asking this. They are just looking for something to pin to God.

I'll paste just the start over here - you can read the rest for yourselves.

http://www.end-times-prophecy.org/why-god-allow-suffering.html

Before sin came into existence, there was peace and joy right throughout the universe. But there was one created being, who for some reason, became full of pride and was not satisfied with the already exalted position that God had given him in heaven. That created being, or angel, was Lucifer, who was perfect when he was created, which confirms that God did NOT "create" evil.

LuciferEzekiel 28:13-15 ...'Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.'

These verses are talking about Lucifer, the most exalted angel in the heavenly kingdom. And as you can see, when God created him, he was a perfect being. So the question is, if God didn't created sin and evil, then how did Lucifer end up being evil? Because of his own FREE WILL CHOICE to go against God's heavenly government. God didn't create a bunch of robots to serve Him. No, He wanted to create intelligent beings who He could commune with and have a loving relationship with. But that wasn't enough for one heavenly character!...

#390959 - 07/22/14 08:19 AM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

How many people did Hitler, Stalin, Mao + Pol Pot kill in the aim of furthering the cause of atheism?

Mao 30 million
Stalin 22 million
Hitler 16 million.
Pol Pot 2 million in a tiny country in less than 3 years.

Murders in the name of Christianity can't even come close.

So stop blaming God for all the suffering and rather focus on explaining the above to the rest of us mere mortals...

#390961 - 07/22/14 08:35 AM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Murders in the name of religion far exceed those figures - all you need to do is take a good look at the history of the world to find that out.

And, you persist in quoting scriptures, but those scriptures were written by MAN - not a higher being. It is purely someone's interpretation - nothing more - nothing less. What makes that particular book correct and the remainder of the world ALL WRONG?

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#390964 - 07/22/14 09:08 AM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

I think Jesus, Mohamed and Moses, if they are somewhere up there are ashamed of their own names by how many people were killed in their name.

At least killing is not a topic religious folks should talk about.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#390965 - 07/22/14 09:13 AM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: travlin'easy]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
...but those scriptures were written by MAN - not a higher being...

Is that a FACT Gary? Maybe you should read this & enlighten yourself in the process. You make a lot of unjustified claims my friend - but this is a habitual thing amongst atheists as they are always grasping for straw - they have no foundation of any sorts to stand on.

Henni

#390966 - 07/22/14 09:17 AM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: Henni]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Henni

Five and a half years ago my ex wife left me aftyer 33 years of marriage.

Gosh, I wonder why. Oh wait, God's will, right?

My favorite biblical quote (used mostly when 'true believers' can't explain something); "God works in mysterious ways".

This doesn't work with wives, BTW. One has to be more creative.

Dick Gregory, a Black comedian, said that once after a weekend of drinking and carousing and no good explanation for his wife, he stopped by a phone booth on the way home, calls his wife and blurts out, "DON'T PAY THE RANSOM, HONEY, I GOT AWAY FROM THEM". And you doubted George Carlin just because he was a comedian.

chas

#390967 - 07/22/14 09:21 AM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: Henni]
billyhank Offline

Well Henni, the same is also true of all religions.

No foundation.

#390968 - 07/22/14 09:23 AM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

As Gary pointed out , all these religious books were written by man.Nothing else.Also Harry Potter was written by man, actually a woman.It doesn't matter.Same species.

#390969 - 07/22/14 09:23 AM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: cgiles]
Henni Offline

Hi again Chas,

Wonder how it is then that Monica is still happily married to me. I think it's just about five years now. See what we've achieved together in such a short time span. Just maybe it has something to do with the fact that she is completely willing to throw herself heart & soul into what we are called to do...

As for the rest - I knew from experience none of you would bother to follow the link. So over the next few days I'll post those bit for bit over here.

Psalm 19:1-3 – The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard.

Jeremiah 10:12 – He has made the earth by His power, He has established the world by His wisdom, and has stretched out the heavens at His discretion.

Romans 1:20 – For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.

Science means knowledge, and true science always agrees with the observable evidence. Scientific research continues to unfold the wonders and mysteries of our universe. Interestingly, there is one book that has anticipated many of these scientific facts. That book is the Bible.

This booklet presents 101 scientific facts found in the Scriptures. Many of these facts were penned centuries before they were discovered. Scientific foreknowledge found only in the Bible offers one more piece to the collective proof that the Bible is truly the inspired Word of the Creator. How does this affect you? The last several pages provide the answer – you need to read them carefully.

Henni

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online